Kids Club question - will my kids be together?

Our last 2 cruises were on Carnival, they seemed to be quite strict with a big age difference but not with a year or so. Ours are only 17 months apart and they let them go together but any feralness and the little one had to go back to his age group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the feedback. I see from the link that they will be in separate groups. That should be okay - I had no idea that there was such a developed curriculum for kids on board! Very impressive! Makes their fare seem that much more worth the $$.

Thanks for the feedback. I see from the link that they will be in separate groups. That should be okay - I had no idea that there was such a developed curriculum for kids on board! Very impressive! Makes their fare seem that much more worth the $$.

We have cruised off and on over the years with our kids since they were 1 years old (RCCL, carnival, princess, ncl and disney). We alwys used the kids programs and bABYsitters on somebody occasions. THWh have gone through all the kid clubs age groups over Thebes years. Now my one is 17 and has been frequenting the teen club for last few years. MY son is about to turn 13 and will be useing teen club fiend first time on our next cruise. HE is actually dissapointed he cant go to the younger clubs Cuz he loved them so much. My kids are 4 years apart so they never had the same program. Most cruise line so are super strict about what group they could be in. And their age is at the time of boarding. Both my kids have celebrated bdays in the past on a cruise ship but the youth program stands by The age they were when they boarded

My boys will be 3 and 6 on our next cruise on the Allure. We asked them when we were on the ship without them in May about this since it will be the first time the 3 y/o is not in the nursery room. They will allow the 6 yo to stay in the 3-5 room since he is only a year past the cutoff. We may give it a go on their own first but the option is there if needed. This was confirmed by staff in both age rooms

My boys will be 3 and 6 on our next cruise on the Allure. We asked them when we were on the ship without them in May about this since it will be the first time the 3 y/o is not in the nursery room. They will allow the 6 yo to stay in the 3-5 room since he is only a year past the cutoff. We may give it a go on their own first but the option is there if needed. This was confirmed by staff in both age rooms

I can confirm that crusisinforabrusing's answer is usually the case and it may be necessary to have your 6 year old bumped down to aquanauts (3-5) for your 3 year old to feel comfortable. However, we had our 3 and 5 year old together in the Allure of the Seas kids club this August. Our 3 year old went twice but didn't love it so he stopped going. Our 5 year old liked aquanauts (3-5) however, when our 3 year old stopped going we bumped the 5 year old up to the 6-8 Explorers group to be with 6 year old friends that were cruising with us. While she (the 5 year old) had enjoyed the aquanauts (3-5) programming she LOVED the explorers (6-8) programming and didn't want to leave. Her expression of sighed disappointment when I showed up to retrieve her from explorers each time was priceless. More excitement, more action, more big kid games which she thrives on.

All of the above to say, if your 3 year old takes to it like a fish to water and doesn't seem to depend on the presence of your 6 year old, switch the 6 year old back to explorers because they might otherwise miss out on the phenomenal programming geared specifically for that age group. Obviously, you know your kids!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Side note* How Disney gets it done by throwing 3-10 year olds in one club together I will never know.