What to do with kids while in port?

fsuhockette

We will be traveling the first part of February with our 11, 10 and 5 year olds. What is the best option? They are all fairly well traveled and will do/try anything.

Maybe this will help: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2658998

Start reading from post #6 onward for an answer to a similar question as yours. If you need any more info let me know.

The forts. Old San Juan is very walkable and you can probably do both forts in one day if you were interested. I've only been inside San Cristobel, but we walked to El Morro. There is a huge green space out front where people picnic, fly kites and kids can run around. I'm not much interested in forts, but I found San Cristobel interesting and the kids might think the forts are cool.

Yes, the forts are great! Another fun thing is the sidewalk vendors sell a treat similar to a snow cone, but oh, so much better!

If you like cats, there are lots of them strolling around in Old San Juan. They are feral, but harmless. The city has an organization that traps and neuters them and then releases them.

There's also a big common area where old men play dominoes that is neat.

Enjoy!

Forts, i would think are a favorite for kids??? If not that go to the beach, easy and always works but i love the beach.

Is there a beach within walking distance of the pier? I am sailing on the Harmony in December

Walking distance no but 5-10 minute cab ride yes and not expensive. If you are not going to explore the old city then definitely go to the beach.I just replied to an other question and here is a package you can look at. https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/excursion/san-juan-beach-break/ I just realized that they changed their location and now have a pool and a roof top terrace! Still on that great beach, i now have to try that too!

Is there a beach within walking distance of the pier? I am sailing on the Harmony in December