Food on a Caribbean Cruise

chunkster20uk

Hi quick question about the food on a Caribbean cruise.

I found on our first P&O cruise (to the Fjords) that especially at the buffet that the food choices were a little boring and repetitive, I think that every day there was at least two from Roast/Pie/Curry and not of 'local' inspired dishes.

Can I expect the same in the Caribbean, or do they like other cruise lines do Caribbean themed food which I love?

Hi quick question about the food on a Caribbean cruise.

I found on our first P&O cruise (to the Fjords) that especially at the buffet that the food choices were a little boring and repetitive, I think that every day there was at least two from Roast/Pie/Curry and not of 'local' inspired dishes.

Can I expect the same in the Caribbean, or do they like other cruise lines do Caribbean themed food which I love?

Went to Caribbean last year with P and O ...not much in the way of themed food really..maybe a choice or two in the main dining room at dinner. If you want to try lots of Caribbean food and you are visiting St Lucia on your cruise, do a tour with Cosol Tours, great value, great guides and you get lunch at a traditional house with lots of different authentic St Lucian yummy food, buffet style.

I think it depends on the chef. On our Aurora cruise to the fjords in 2012 there were local dishes on the MDR menu several times, likewise on our Iberian cruise in 2013, but I don't recall anything on our Caribbean cruise in 2015.

However, if you're docking in Jamaica, a visit to Scotchie's is well worth it for authentic jerk chicken, rice and peas etc. Although tourists go there, the locals still eat there too. Massive portions, reasonably priced, killer sauce!

I think it depends on the chef. On our Aurora cruise to the fjords in 2012 there were local dishes on the MDR menu several times, likewise on our Iberian cruise in 2013, but I don't recall anything on our Caribbean cruise in 2015.

However, if you're docking in Jamaica, a visit to Scotchie's is well worth it for authentic jerk chicken, rice and peas etc. Although tourists go there, the locals still eat there too. Massive portions, reasonably priced, killer sauce!

Thank you.