14 night Dec 7 Reflection now offering 2 perks!

hevnsprncs

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I noticed while checking for cabin availability to switch our cabin # (we want our bed near bath; our cabin the bed is near the balcony - misreading previous stateroom reviews, DOH!), that instead of 1 free perk, X is offering 2 free perks. We've already passed the date and made final payment, we aren't eligible for the extra perk, right? I think it would require cancellation and re-booking at this point the extra perk wouldn't be worth the cost from being past final payment as far as I can tell...but just in case someone has had this happen and it was something they received by the cruise gods just thought I'd check with the experts and veterans. :cool::halo::D

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I noticed while checking for cabin availability to switch our cabin # (we want our bed near bath; our cabin the bed is near the balcony - misreading previous stateroom reviews, DOH!), that instead of 1 free perk, X is offering 2 free perks. We've already passed the date and made final payment, we aren't eligible for the extra perk, right? I think it would require cancellation and re-booking at this point the extra perk wouldn't be worth the cost from being past final payment as far as I can tell...but just in case someone has had this happen and it was something they received by the cruise gods just thought I'd check with the experts and veterans. :cool::halo::D

Check the final payment date. I think you have a couple of days yet until it’s officially final payment date then take it from there. Remember in the deck plans the cabins with bed by the bath have a solid square.

Update. I just checked. Final payment is tomorrow but the 2 free perks might end up costing you more. A cabin change in the same category shouldn’t be a problem

Edited by lais

If it's possible for you to do this, remember your cabin will be re-fared at the current price and not the price you paid originally. Many of us have found that to get the second perk the price has gone up even more than the perk is worth. For my booking, $300.00 of OBC would cost me $400.00 extra in the base cruise fare.

Check the final payment date. I think you have a couple of days yet until it’s officially final payment date then take it from there. Remember in the deck plans the cabins with bed by the bath have a solid square.

Update. I just checked. Final payment is tomorrow but the 2 free perks might end up costing you more. A cabin change in the same category shouldn’t be a problem

Regarding the cabin with the bed by the bath, I did know that the square did signify one that was by the bath but I also thought generally speaking the cabins alternated bed by bath and bed by balcony the entire length of the ship regardless of a square on the deck map or not. For example see this deck plan: https://********************/deckplan-celebrity-reflection

There are several cabins that do not display the square but I believe still are alternating. Any chance you can confirm?

If it's possible for you to do this, remember your cabin will be re-fared at the current price and not the price you paid originally. Many of us have found that to get the second perk the price has gone up even more than the perk is worth. For my booking, $300.00 of OBC would cost me $400.00 extra in the base cruise fare.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I'm seeing the same that it wouldn't be worth it. Our final payment date was also 8/29 I guess because our TAs policy. I did notice that directly through Celebrity it would'be been a final payment date of 9/08 instead.

Yea, I have a deck 9 category 1A on the hump. We booked in APRIL 2017 & got 2 perks, Plus an extra $150 from the TA. If we booked today with Celebirty for a 1A on deck 9, it would be $ 658 more then the original booked cost . Looks like not a great deal. Charlie

Regarding the cabin with the bed by the bath, I did know that the square did signify one that was by the bath but I also thought generally speaking the cabins alternated bed by bath and bed by balcony the entire length of the ship regardless of a square on the deck map or not. For example see this deck plan: https://********************/deckplan-celebrity-reflection

There are several cabins that do not display the square but I believe still are alternating. Any chance you can confirm?

I don’t know about that but I want my bed by the bath and I wouldn’t book a cabin without that square .