Most fun, reasonable excursion with kids 10 & 14

Cinderellie

Hello, we are sailing on the Conquest on 8/29 -- a family of 4 on a budget -- and looking for a wow, fun excursion or activity while in Cozumel.

We have done the dolphin thing before, so not that. What else is wonderful for a 10 year old girl and 14 year old boy? Yet is affordable for a family of 4? (And a husband who doesn't swim, but will snorkle in shallow water.)

We will be doing river tubing in Jamaica, Stingray City tour in Grand Cayman before then. What would you suggest to complete our crise in Cozumel?

Thanks!

Cinderellie

Honeymoon Dolphin 1982

Royal Caribbean 1985

NCL Norway 1989

Chandris Bermuda 1990

Princess Alaska 1993

Big Red Boat 1998

Disney Magic 2002

8/29 Carnival Conquest Getaway

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;29;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Hello, just got off the Grandeur of the Sea. In cosmel we went to Paridise Beach. It cost $12.oo for the taxi to the beach. It had plenty of water things to use at no cost. Great beach chairs and umbrelos to use. My girls had a great time there. The food was great. This was one of the best days we had. Need any other information read other remarks on this forum

Cozumel was made famous by Jacques Cousteau because of the surrounding beautiful reefs. So, of course, my feeling is that no trip to Cozumel is complete without a diving or snorkeling adventure.

Both kids are old enough for PADI's Discover Scuba program. Talk about something they can brag to their friends about! It's a perfectly safe program and is a great introductory into scuba diving.

Or, if you're looking for something a bit tamer, a snorkeling excursion is always a hit. But, I recommend booking something on your own as opposed to through the ship. The ship excursions tend to be very crowded. I always laugh to myself when I'm there and I see the ship snorkel excurion out on the water. I call it "bumper snorkelers."

We use Eagle Ray Divers when we're in Cozumel. Have done everything through them -- snorkeling, Discover Scuba, PADI Open Water Certification, and now all of our diving. Great folks! Super divemasters and snorkel guides. And, they keep the groups small -- 12 max, but we've never been on board with more than 6 other people. You can check them out at http://www.eagleraydivers.com

Another fun thing to do while you're in port, especially in the evening, is to go to Sally's Minigolf course. It's this wonderful little jungle oasis right in the middle of town.

Don't pass up an opportunity to sample something from one of Cozumel's awesome restaurants. We've never had a bad meal in Cozumel. Some of our favorite spots are: Guido's, La Choza, Casa Denis, Villa Dorado, Tony Rome's, Ernesto's, and the French Quarter. Indulge in a margarita (it'll knock your socks off wherever you get it) and order the kids a conga (wonderful, sweet & refreshing fruit juice drink.

By the way, can you tell I LOVE COZUMEL!!!! :-)

Archived