NCL Epic - Cirque du Soleil - balcony seat viewing?

SonomaMist

We will be on the NCL Epic in January and wanted to see if anyone had feedback on the balcony seats for the Cirque du Soleil show. I attended the dinner show in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it -- but also wanted to check out the balcony. Comments are appreciated. Thanks.

We enjoyed the balcony. There really is only one row of seating, so there is no one behind you. Depending on your height, there could be some amount of a glass wall that "obstructs" some of your view. But it's glass, so you can see thru it. Or you can peer up over it, as did. But I'm tall. At some times, there were things going on that were out of our view. If they are directly below you, for example, you probably can't see them. But the show has so much going on and they move around that I didn't really consider it an issue. I had no problem with the seating and I would do it again without hesitation.

...balcony seats for the Cirque du Soleil show...

Please be aware that this is NOT a Cirque du Soleil show. It‘s called Cirque Dreams on the EPIC and has nothing to do with the Canadian company. The only „official“ CdS-shows are on the newer MSC ships, just to align the expectation settings [emoji6]

This has been a debate on CC since 2010 with many threads :)

I was on the floor twice. I don't think there are bad seats anywhere. However I enjoyed the floor because you get eye contact with the performers. It makes the show much more in your face and more personal. They also have zany characters play tricks on you or try to scare you on the floor. So if I did this again, I would probably get floor seats again.

Please be aware that this is NOT a Cirque du Soleil show. It‘s called Cirque Dreams on the EPIC and has nothing to do with the Canadian company. The only „official“ CdS-shows are on the newer MSC ships, just to align the expectation settings [emoji6]

Thanks for posting this. I always cringe a little bit when people call it Cirque du Soleil. It's similar, but not the real deal.

I had no idea CdS was actually going to start doing shows on ships - do you have any info on the MSC ships?

…I had no idea CdS was actually going to start doing shows on ships - do you have any info on the MSC ships?
Yes, just seen two CdS shows while on board the MSC Meraviglia: in one word: excellent! I‘ve read somewhere that MSC will also put it on the Seaview and Seaside... https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/other-activities/cirque-du-soleil-at-sea Edited by Callimero

Fantastic - thanks!

That being said - don't want to give the impression that the NCL Cirque show is less than - we saw the Breakaway's version last Feb and it was pretty good. I will be on the Epic next July so might actually go to that one too - will be interesting as Breakaway doesn't have the tiered seating like Epic.

Its most definitely as close to Cirque del Soleil as you are going to get on a cruise ship! It is very, very much inspired by all the Cirque performances. Is it Las Vegas?........um du, no, but it is a great Cirque inspired show. My whole family loves the night we do the Cirque dinner show, we've seen many on the NCL ships.

I have noticed in the last couple years it does have a homosexual, in your face flare to it where it didn't use to. I could see it being offensive to some. The new Australian Theater Company in general has the homosexual flirty flare. It doesn't bother me but I have also noticed that the average age for the people who go to this show is older 50ish on up.....as in the demographic that can afford this show, it's more costly than just a Specialty Dining price. I did notice some guests sort of offended.

Its most definitely as close to Cirque del Soleil as you are going to get on a cruise ship! It is very, very much inspired by all the Cirque performances. Is it Las Vegas?........um du, no, but it is a great Cirque inspired show. My whole family loves the night we do the Cirque dinner show, we've seen many on the NCL ships.

I have noticed in the last couple years it does have a homosexual, in your face flare to it where it didn't use to. I could see it being offensive to some. The new Australian Theater Company in general has the homosexual flirty flare. It doesn't bother me but I have also noticed that the average age for the people who go to this show is older 50ish on up.....as in the demographic that can afford this show, it's more costly than just a Specialty Dining price. I did notice some guests sort of offended.

LOL.... Clearly it bothers you :o