Our experience on Harmony of the Seas cruise with a toddler

icedancer43

Do you happen to remember how long your MDR dinners lasted? Our daughter will be 10.5mos during our upcoming cruise on Allure and she's great in a restaurant for about ~1-1.5hrs but after that she gets antsy. Is it possible to eat in that time frame without skipping a course, or should we plan on skipping dessert?

Do you happen to remember how long your MDR dinners lasted? Our daughter will be 10.5mos during our upcoming cruise on Allure and she's great in a restaurant for about ~1-1.5hrs but after that she gets antsy. Is it possible to eat in that time frame without skipping a course, or should we plan on skipping dessert?

We had dinner reservations for 5:15pm and would get out between 6:15pm and 6:30pm. The servers did their best to serve us quickly, knowing we had a toddler who wants to eat and then go "ride the carousel".

We had dinner reservations for 5:15pm and would get out between 6:15pm and 6:30pm. The servers did their best to serve us quickly, knowing we had a toddler who wants to eat and then go "ride the carousel".

That's great to hear! Hopefully we luck out the same way on our upcoming cruise. Worst case we say thank you to our server after the main course and dip out before dessert if it's taking too long and baby is getting cranky.

That's great to hear! Hopefully we luck out the same way on our upcoming cruise. Worst case we say thank you to our server after the main course and dip out before dessert if it's taking too long and baby is getting cranky.

It would help if you have a table just for your family. Let the waiter know you don’t want to linger and they will speed up your service.

It’s more difficult if you have requested a larger shared table. Then there are more people to serve and the staff tries to keep everyone on the same pace - they will serve appetizers, soups, salads and so on before bringing the main entree. Also tend to serve a more relaxed dessert with coffee/tea or after dinner drinks.

Did you bring a pack n play or did your child sleep in a bed? I am going on this cruise in April of 19 and I will have a 1 year old and a 2 year old. I was wondering what the pack n plays were like or if I would be better off bringing my own.

It would help if you have a table just for your family. Let the waiter know you don’t want to linger and they will speed up your service.

It’s more difficult if you have requested a larger shared table. Then there are more people to serve and the staff tries to keep everyone on the same pace - they will serve appetizers, soups, salads and so on before bringing the main entree. Also tend to serve a more relaxed dessert with coffee/tea or after dinner drinks.

Thanks! That's a good tip as well! We've never been "group table" people and have always preferred our own table when possible. Hopefully with My Time Dining it won't be too hard to reserve a table just for the 3 of us, especially since we'll be dining pretty early to accommodate baby's 7:30pm bedtime.

Did you bring a pack n play or did your child sleep in a bed? I am going on this cruise in April of 19 and I will have a 1 year old and a 2 year old. I was wondering what the pack n plays were like or if I would be better off bringing my own.

We did not get a pack n play since my child is about 3 feet tall and already in a toddler bed at home. We packed a toddler rail (took it apart and put in our checked bag with the necessary tools needed to put it back together) and used it on the couch and he slept on that without any problems. If you want two pack n plays, I would call and request it now because from what I have been told, they are limited and not guaranteed.