1st Timer

vgordon

I have really enjoyed all of the threads for first timers. My husband and I will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary aboard the Sun sailing February 4th.

I am particularly grateful for the packing tips but one of them puzzles me. I have read several tips that advising packing duck tape. What uses will there be in the cabin for duck tape?

VGordon

Big Spring, TX

It is also useful to have to repair luggage that gets broken or torn in transit or, if you are a shopper to hold together a number of packages so they can be carried in one hand. For a couple of other uses.

There was once a whole site deducated to the different uses for duct tape.

Think I found it!

http://www.exploremaine.com/~joeho/tape.htm

edited to add link

How do I find the roll call section?

VGordon

In the lower right, on any page that lists threads, see the box that says "Forum Jump". Click the arrow and scroll down till you see "Roll Calls, Norwegian Cruise Lines"

They'll be listed by ship, and then individually within each ship's subcategory! Enjoy! :D

I'm with you on skipping the duct-tape-waxing! :eek:

Duct tape is the universal repairer. If the luggage has a hole in it, duct tape it. Need to wrap something up, duct tape it. Zipper busted, duct tape it. Wing on the airplane starting to come loose, duct tape it. Hole in side of ship, duct tape it. Too much noise coming from someone's mouth, duct tape it.

Duct tape is useful in rocky seas, to keep any door, whether closet or balcony, open or closed. These doors have a habit of slamming shut in rocky seas and vice a versa. I'm sure there are other uses for duct tape, but I know I have pegged the main one.

If it is real rocky you can use it to tape yourself in bed...

I have really enjoyed all of the threads for first timers. My husband and I will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary aboard the Sun sailing February 4th.

VGordon

Big Spring, TX

Hi I will be on that cruise as well with my husband of 37 years and my daughter and her husband, [of One year LOL]

did anyone tell you to bring a shoe bag? the pocket type? to hang over your bathroom door for personal items? depends on what cabin you have and how much room but I usually find it helpful non the less.

I will be the Very red haired lady on the scooter!

Archived