Empress 9-15-18 Eight Night Cuba Immersion Cruise from Miami

MACE

Our Son and Daughter-in-Law will be on this cruise that leaves this Saturday.

I suspect (and hope) that Flo will not impact their cruise, though with them flying out a day earlier on Friday from JFK (5AM flight) to Fort Lauderdale, there might be some flight delays (they have signed up for both RCI's and JetBlue alerts)

On Saturday, once they are @ Port of Miami for Embarkation (Hotel Shuttle Drop-off), will there be a Platinum Line for check-in, and suggestions for the earliest they should arrive at port?

Once onboard, they want to check out Boleros and the Schooner Bar. Any other must see/experience spots and spaces on the Empress not to miss, and any 'secret' cool places to check out?

I know they have some thoughts on what to do while in Cuba at Havana and Cienfuegos, once again, things that are a must see?

Thanks in Advance, from Dad who will be their Chauffeur to JFK and their unofficial Travel Agent.

FYI, from the RC website:

"Guests traveling to Cuba must meet the requirements of one of the 12 categories of permitted travel

authorized by the U.S. government. All Royal Caribbean tours meet these requirements.

A Travel Certification document must be filled out before sailing. Each traveler must bring

two printed, completed copies to the port for the embarkation process. Every guest is also

required to have a passport book valid for at least 6 months after the sail date (NO passport

cards or other forms of I.D. will be accepted). This includes minors and those who do not

plan to disembark the ship in Cuba."

You really are not supposed to walk around Cuba on your own as a tourist (US government requirement).

"You really are not supposed to walk around Cuba on your own as a tourist (US government requirement)"

Government Requirement or just a travel Advisory?

I've read Cuba POC reviews here on CC where paxs had no problems getting off the ship to explore the island on their own, and are NOT required to purchase an RCI excursion, in order to get off while in Port

Edited by MACE

"You really are not supposed to walk around Cuba on your own as a tourist (US government requirement)"

Government Requirement or just a travel Advisory?

I've read Cuba POC reviews here on CC where paxs had no problems getting off the ship to explore the island on their own, and are NOT required to purchase an RCI excursion, in order to get off while in Port

I am paraphrasing part of the US government legal requirement for travel to Cuba. You can/should read the detail on the federal website.

I now resume back to my OP - will there be a Platinum Line for check-in, and suggestions for the earliest they should arrive at port?

Once onboard, they want to check out Boleros and the Schooner Bar. Any other must see/experience spots and spaces on the Empress not to miss, and any 'secret' cool places to check out?