Tahitian Princess Jay 29, 2006

Quilting Queen

My husband and I and 2 girl friends are booked on the Tahitian Princess May 29 cruise from Papeete to Honolulu. We will be on deck 7 amid-ship. We will be staying at the IC Beachcomber on Saturday and Sunday night pre-cruise through Princess. Since we would not get in until after 7:00 pm on the night the ship leaves Papeete, we want to take at least one tour of Tahiti and shop in the Marche. The prices on some things compare to Hawaii, but I really liked the clothes I bought from vendors outside the market.

My husband and I did the TP in April 2001 when it was the R4 and were on deck 6. We already have very good ideas on the sights to see and thing to do.

I would love to hear from anyone else going on this cruise.

We have taken 14 or 15 previous cruises and this is the way to go for vacation.

Norine

There were a lot on the roll call yesterday. Manny of them deviated from the cruise to discuss past cruises and say hello to a lot of friends. I just want to make contact with others going on the May 29 cruise from Tahiti to Honolulu.

I will check again today as there may be new comments,

Thanks, Norine

Hi

We are taking the TP on August 5th from Papeete. This will be our first visit to Tahiti. We booked a 2 day pre cruise at the Inter Continental with an over the water bungalow. I am now having second thoughts as Princess will not confirm which flight we will be taking from Los Angeles. Air Tahiti Nui has a flight which arrives in Papeete at 6:20 and another which arrives at 9:30. If they put us on the 9:30 flight then it will be probably 11:00 pm before we arrive at the hotel which means that a good part of the first day (at $500 plus a day) is wasted. If a post cruise hotel stay is available through Princess we may be interested in booking it.

Any input would be appreciated.

Morgan

I don't know about a post-cruise package with Princess, but you can book your OWB for after your cruise directly with Intercontinental. I've exchanged some e-mails with IC and found them to be very responsive. You'll have to pay the Princess $75 pp deviation if you don't do the package with Princess, but it should still be cheaper than the package.

One advantage of doing a post-cruise is that you won't have to wait all day on the TP until it's time to go to the airport. You'll also miss the crowds at the airport since most passengers go home the last day of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise! We'll be on the TP on August 15th for our CC Group Cruise so take good care of her! :D

why don't you look into booking it on your own? you will save lots of money. we took air through Princess our first trip and will not again, it was a zoo. Tahiti is easy to get around on, why not check into getting your own flights? the ICi s a beautiful resort and not to be missed.

Archived