Magica - Squok Club Hrs?

taszmom

Anyone have copies of the Squok Club hours/activities for the Magica? I am still trying to find out if we adults can drop the kids off @ the Squok Club and go to dinner for our 8:30pm seating. Costa's webisite says Kids program starts @ 9pm. Please anyone with info?

We were on the Atlantica and the Mediterranea and each evening they had kids dinner at 6.30 and then the kids could stay until 11.30 pm so I would imagine that the program is similar on the Magica. They were open most days from 9-12 3.30 - 4.45 and 5.45 -11.30. They also offer group babysitting from 11.30 -1.30 am but they won't tell you about it you have to ask and give 24 hrs notice. it is free but we tipped the staff each time we left our boys there.

I'm also wondering about the kid's program hours. We're on the 3/19 Magica cruise and have late seating. On previous cruises we always let them go to the buffet or order room service and then took them to the kid's club before dinner. I'm wondering if the hours posted on Costa's website are for the European sailings and just hasn't been updated for the Carribbean? I tried to call Costa, but you have to stay on hold sooooooo long. Has anyone done the Magica since it's been doing the Carribbean and have first hand knowledge? Not worried about my 13 yr old, but my 8 yr old always goes.

Thanks for any info!!!

llgator,

i'm on 3/19 Magica too. (I think we need to bump our roll call thread back up to the top!) I'm hoping someone just off can answer this question. 9pm was the european late dinner seating, so I am hoping someone over there at Costa will adjust the kids program accordingly. Just can't seem to get a confirmation from anyone there and I've called a few different departments. We got too many younger kids to bring to dinner, there is just no way they can sit through 2 hours.

Just got back from a New Years cruise on the Magica....Was a FUN TIME..

The Squack Club was VERY busy ..over 100 kids at a time, the animators ( as they call them) were not prepared for that many kids...and a big laugauge proble,m ( they spoke Italian) BUT my two kids loved it, and thats all that mattered...

The hours were European...0900-1200....1500-1900 ....2030-2330

so we haD 9 PM DINNER AND THEY WERE IN CAMP

Anything else I can answer please ask

Chief

We were on the Magica's Christmas cruise through the Eastern Carribean and Squok Club was open in the evenings well in time for second sitting. We had first sitting for dinner and often my 9 year old daughter would hurry through her dinner so that she could make the evening scheduled event at Squok in time - usually began at 8pm. Don't really recall official hours of operation as my daughter would go to Squok for the specific scheduled activities but I recall them being open much earlier than 8pm. In fact, I only recall them really being closed between 12noon and 3pm. They put out a flyer with the Squok activities at Squok Club for the weeks activities so once my daughter got a hold of her flyer, she pretty much planned which activities she wanted to join - which ended up being most of them! She really had a great time at Squok and met many new friends from different parts of the world. Their evening activities usually lasted until 1130pm or midnight so there should be plenty of time for you to enjoy dinner and time w/o kids. Our kids enjoyed joining us for dinner - we tried to get them to try dinner with their age groups but they prefered to have dinner as a family - something we don't have a chance to do daily with our kids aged 19, 18, 13 and 9. Cheers!

thank you , thank you, thank you! that's what I needed to know. we were so worried about the kids not having anywhere to go while we had dinner. I'm sure we'll have some family dinners @ Bellagio because we have 2 night stops, San Juan & Casa de Campo.

Anyone do Eastern...what did ya do in San Juan?

Another question : can you confirm the exact 4 dining times on the Magica. I know there are 2 early & 2 late. I think 5:45p & 6:15p and 8:30p & 9p....is my memory correct?

illgator, we've got it covered! Age/Gender : 3/F,3/M,4/M,5/M,6/F,7/F,8/F,

12/F,16/F...and a partridge in a pear tree!

My DD is 7.

I'm going to have to take a look once again at the shore excursions and do some more research. We're getting seriously closer now!

San Juan : I think we are just going to walk around Old San Juan district. It's a night stop. I've been on enough Rum Tours in my life and I don't see anything else of interest.

Going to head over to St. John, been to St. Thomas already.

Will probably do the Kandela show in La Romana.

Nassau, probably won't get off. I was just there last weekend.

Have you see Cruise4Andy's Magica review? Check it out. LOTS of good information and details....(and a positive review).

Archived