Dog friendly cruise just announced!

Wilson

LOL

Seagull goes by... there goes 50 labradors off the back of the ship!

Look! A dolphin! Two German Shepherds, 17 golden retrievers, six rotweillers and nine dachshunds launch off the top deck!

Think the islands have problems with stray dogs now.

My shepherd rules all dogs ever, but, well... it was fun thinking about it for a few minutes.

I had to laugh at this, I was thinking the same thing. And the free for all in the doggie buffet, imagine.

This is hilarious, as you can see from my name, I'm a bulldog mom and he is a mess! Of course if I were to take him on a cruise he wouldn't do anything but lay around because that is all he does now. He can't swim so I can't see us taking him to the beach. The people who say boarding him is as expensive as the cruise itself are right though. I'm not sure I would mind going on a cruise with the "non-yappy" dogs (nothing against these little guys but some of them bark at the least little thing) I can just hear the ruckus in the halls now. LOL

Nice to think about though, I think it should be an option since so many people have dogs that they don't like leaving home. Of course it would have to be designated a "dog" ship and special arrangements made (poopy deck)

I'm not sure I would mind going on a cruise with the "non-yappy" dogs (nothing against these little guys but some of them bark at the least little thing) I can just hear the ruckus in the halls now. LOL
And you KNOW if one dog starts.... it will continue down the fall until they ALL are

we have dogs on 2 sides of us and we get to hear them bark, all day, every day we are home. One dog is OK, it stops when we speak to him (her?) and let it know we're not going to break into their house. The other dog? Bark, bark, bark, pause, bark, bark, bark, pause, all dang day. Neighbors complained the dog barked when they weren't home, so they got him a companion, now it has another dog to bark with.

So, the thought of your furry friends on a cruise ship does absolutely nothing to excite me. Leave them home. Not everyone loves to hear barking dogs, some of us love peace and quiet.

LOL, you must live in my neighborhood. bark, bark, bark, pause (they have to breathe every once in a while), indeed!

I had no desire to bring my dogs while they were alive. But I have to tell you they were cleaner, and more well behaved than many children I have seen onboard.:( Of course now I will be flamed as a child hater!

My daschund would only got to pee in private She was so smart, I am sure I could have trained her to go in a litter box or even a potty :rolleyes: .

I am glad someone said it. We have a 90 lb. rottweiler who my husband takes ANYWHERE he can!! He is devasted when he has to leave her at home, I am too but not nearly as bad as he is. He wants to go on a pet friendly cruise!!! Owners would have to be held accountable for their pets!!! All in all, the pets I hae encountered are more well-mannered and well-behaved than most kids!!!!

Lisa

I am glad someone said it. We have a 90 lb. rottweiler who my husband takes ANYWHERE he can!! He is devasted when he has to leave her at home, I am too but not nearly as bad as he is. He wants to go on a pet friendly cruise!!! Owners would have to be held accountable for their pets!!! All in all, the pets I hae encountered are more well-mannered and well-behaved than most kids!!!!

Lisa

The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs...:D

OK... Not really, but it seems like that sometimes.

The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs...:D

I'd love to go on a cruise full of dogs, but I know 2 of my 3 would much rather be at home. My wild man the Blue Tick Hound would get kicked off at the nearest port with all the baying he does...talk about how much my neighbors love me:rolleyes: But, I'd rather hear baying than the kiddies anytime!

I'd love to go on a cruise full of dogs, but I know 2 of my 3 would much rather be at home. My wild man the Blue Tick Hound would get kicked off at the nearest port with all the baying he does...talk about how much my neighbors love me:rolleyes: But, I'd rather hear baying than the kiddies anytime!
One of our 3 is a Blue Tick Coon Hound too! We "rescued" her from a no kill shelter where she was for 3 years. Not a lot of baying, but once she has it in her mind to bark... there's no stopping her. She's a cutie tho! so people forgive her.

LMAO.....The LAST thing I want on my vacation is a dog! As a boarding kennel owner my vacation needs to be dog free and phone free. Dogs on a cruise would be my worst nightmare.

Hey Kenelmom,and neighbor...

Could I e-mail you about a question I have..( I am harmless,really)..

You can E-mail me at Dgar1108@aol.com if its cool..

And to answer to question...While I love dogs as well...Although the older I get,the less patience I have for all the hoopla that goes with them....

No..No thanks....Just to unsanitary all the way around for my liking...Not to mention...the noise..

As much as I love my 2 mini schnauzers, NO WAY would I want them on a ship...I know one would be overboard in a snap of a finger she just loves the water. But the thought of fleas, urine etc just turns my stomach...lets leave them home, everyone needs a break even from their dogs ;)

I don't think they'd all bark too much, the room steward would keep them occupied by guessing about the strange animals that show up every evening. Perhaps something resembling a monkey hanging with sunglasses on, or an elephant, or a stingray or swan. They'd have different company every night to entertain them.

Obviously just kidding, but for all of you dog lovers out there my wife wants to know if anyone sees a dog friendly cruise in the future. Of course she is talking about pets and not trained service dogs. This should make for interesting posts. Hey, I'm tired of reading about walkie talkies, how to sneak on alcohol, unruly kids, inconsistent customer service reps, etc...anyways...let's see what happens.

well if all of you can bring your dogs Then I can bring my cat, he would just sit there and sleep, and go to the buffet and eat then sleep some more, I would a inside room but not to worry my cat is so smart he knows how to open a door and he would just go down the hall and poop in the hall away from my room.

thats a good kitty

Phew..it's a hoax. Thank God. For one awful moment I thought I'd run out of reasons why the mother-in-law couldn't come on holiday with us.

Al

Very funny indeed!... LMAO

I was wondering what Doggie Ocean Adventure would be like.... maybe a nice skit, with the St. Bernard as the pirate captain

OMG, you have a Blue Tick! My husband rescued Beau from the Humane Society 4 years ago. Unfortunately we've had lots of casualties in my yard:eek: He sleeps right between us, and gets very upset if you try and move him over when climbing into bed. Yeah, kinda spoiled:p

A cruise would work if there's a kennel onboard, then the dogs don't stay in the pax cabins at night, just in the kennel. The owners can take their dogs with them on shore excursions or for walks on the lido deck when at sea. The World has real grass on its putting green on deck. It wouldn't work for me though, I have a black lab. Dumb bonehead dog would be the reason for many an "Oscar...Oscar...Oscar" call. And here's another thought...dog lovers put up with dog breath and dog farts...but can we stand sea-sick doggie?!?!

A cruise would work if there's a kennel onboard, then the dogs don't stay in the pax cabins at night, just in the kennel. The owners can take their dogs with them on shore excursions or for walks on the lido deck when at sea. The World has real grass on its putting green on deck. It wouldn't work for me though, I have a black lab. Dumb bonehead dog would be the reason for many an "Oscar...Oscar...Oscar" call. And here's another thought...dog lovers put up with dog breath and dog farts...but can we stand sea-sick doggie?!?!
My dogs would be in the cabin with me at night.

Of course we put up with dog farts.... I always blame the dog... It would be great if I could have one of 'my girls' with me all the time!!:rolleyes: ;)

Archived