Advice needed

travellingnana

I booked a May 19 cruise to Alaska on the Grand thru the 3 for Free Sale. My cabin is now $100 cheaper pp. My cruise no longer has the 3 for free banner, but instead shows "Special Resident" fares. I asked my TA to re-fare. Three times she called Princess, and 3 times she was told I would lose my perks if I rebooked...but I could still see the free grats and OBC were available if I went thru the booking process. I think Princess is seeing it as a new promotion, but I don't live in any of the "resident states." So I put a hold on the same cruise to prove it all was the same, (Yes, the website let me book again under my same name) and yes it booked under 3 for Free. Based on Princesses response, I'm afraid to cancel my real booking for the one I just put a hold on - I don't want to lose my original cabin...but I do want my $200. Ideas?

How cooperative is your TA? What I would do is to book the one you have on hold, then cancel the original....and then swap cabins. Of course that assumes that the cabins are the same class. We had a similar issue (Princess insisted that the price that I had on line did not exist!). I put a hold on it on line and called TA with the number. She canceled the original and moved us to the new one in the original cabin all in one phone call. In fact, she kept me on one line while dealing with Princess on another line so I knew it was all good by the time I hung up.