Has anyone ever done a Day Stay at a FLL hotel

xray121995

A few random thoughts to go with this:

I flew into FLL because it was cheaper by about $100 than Miami. I had to pay for a shuttle to get to port (more than what an Uber would have cost from a Miami hotel). Stayed in a worse hotel than I could have gotten in Miami for the same price. When it was time to go back to the airport, FLL will only let you through security 3 hours before your flight. Once on the other side, there is no lounge and no full service restaurant. All of the cruise ships dumping their passengers in FLL, Miami passengers who flew thru FLL because it was cheaper, every cruise line telling you not to book closer than 6 hours from disembarkation- makes for a LOT of passengers jammed up at FLL. Expect to spend some time sitting on the floor at baggage claim where the only wall plugs in the place are located. Now we're talking about spending $50 or so to rent a motel room from 8am-2pm because there's nowhere else to go. I implore you, take a look at flying out of Palm Beach or Miami as well. All told, you will likely get a better experience for the same or less money.

A few random thoughts to go with this:

I flew into FLL because it was cheaper by about $100 than Miami. I had to pay for a shuttle to get to port (more than what an Uber would have cost from a Miami hotel). Stayed in a worse hotel than I could have gotten in Miami for the same price. When it was time to go back to the airport, FLL will only let you through security 3 hours before your flight. Once on the other side, there is no lounge and no full service restaurant. All of the cruise ships dumping their passengers in FLL, Miami passengers who flew thru FLL because it was cheaper, every cruise line telling you not to book closer than 6 hours from disembarkation- makes for a LOT of passengers jammed up at FLL. Expect to spend some time sitting on the floor at baggage claim where the only wall plugs in the place are located. Now we're talking about spending $50 or so to rent a motel room from 8am-2pm because there's nowhere else to go. I implore you, take a look at flying out of Palm Beach or Miami as well. All told, you will likely get a better experience for the same or less money.

None of that seems random to me at all! :D

Did this when we had a very long layover before going to Barbados. Looked on all the sites to find a hotel with free shuttle to and from airport. Went there, had a room, swam ,had a nice lunch and relaxed. Neat sitting in an airport. Another option would be Priceline to bid. Just make sure you it has the free shuttle or that will really raise your cost

Last year I stayed at the Rodeway Inn with a dayroom. I had the room from 10-6. I cannot remember how much it cost. We took a taxi there from the port and they had a shuttle to the airport. It is a very busy place with cruisers coming and going. It does have a pool, which we did not use. The hotel is a little dated but the room we had was very clean. There is a sports bar/restaurant right next door where we got some lunch.

It had free WiFi, we were getting off a transatlantic cruise so we spent most of the day just catching up on Emails and everything else we missed over the 2 weeks we had been cruising.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app