Considering our first regent cruise

R & R Carroll

Thanks to Travelcat, I also now travel with the hospital wipes. But I bought a CopperZap a couple of years ago and use it a lot on our trips, especially on planes and when I hear the dreadful coughing. Copper kills viruses and this really seems to help us stay well.

I am a gynecologic surgeon. While bacteria can certainly be spread by multiple different people using tongs, it is just as likely to be spread by touching doorknobs, stair railings, a dollar bill, etc, etc, basically anything that can be touched with human hands. No way to prevent that 100%. If disease caused by touching utensils at a buffet were a huge health issue, the health departments in the US would have disallowed it long ago.

As Travelcat mentioned, one option would be to use a napkin to pick up the utensils.

I have never gotten sick from eating food from a self serve buffet. I have gotten horribly sick from undercooked chicken in a restaurant a couple of times as once from eating soup that was probably held at too low of a temperature for several hours. And that was at a very nice restaurant. Most food borne illness is from contaminated food or food which is not kept at the proper temperature or in the case of chicken, is inadequately cooked.

Thank you for the reply, i suppose it"s just about being hygienically aware and that others are also. :)

Pam.

Thanks to Travelcat, I also now travel with the hospital wipes. But I bought a CopperZap a couple of years ago and use it a lot on our trips, especially on planes and when I hear the dreadful coughing. Copper kills viruses and this really seems to help us stay well.

And thank you for the tip about CopperZap. Going to order some now!

Jackie

Thanks for the reminder about using a mask when someone is coughing on a bus or plane. I will start doing that.

What is a Copper Zap?

Sheila

I had no clue so I Googled it. Here is a link https://www.copperzap.com . If it works well for tnr, it is worth a try. Just ordered one and will use it on our November cruise which typically is the time of year when people on the plane are coughing and sneezing. We also take the anti-norovirus wipes and use them to wipe down the trays on the plane as well as the controls, arm rests and any other wipeable area around the seat. Dennis does the same thing.

Not sure if putting this thing up your nose is worse than wearing a mask or not:D.

Jackie

Even when I do start coming down with something, I use this many, many times a day and it just seems to go away. I used to get bronchitis on just about every cruise. And you can discretely use it without looking like you are snorting.:confused:

Even when I do start coming down with something, I use this many, many times a day and it just seems to go away. I used to get bronchitis on just about every cruise. And you can discretely use it without looking like you are snorting.:confused:

Too bad that the company isn't giving you a royalty for advertising their product in a place where people have a need for it.:D I do recall you not feeling well on the cruise that we were on with you (the cruise when Dennis had pneumonia).

Think that I'll have to learn to use it so that I do not look like I'm snorting something:halo:

Here's my 2 cents regarding the wine. We made our frist cruise (ever) this August with Regent. We went to Alaska and we really enjoyed the excursions. Most guides were locals and worked for a family business. We think they did a great job, but we can't compare with other cruise lines, so our experience is probably not very helpful.

I was slightly dissapointed with the wines. There were lots of European wines (French and Italian). We live in Europe but we never drink French or Italian wines. White wines from Germany are great, reds from Austria and Spain as well, but in general we prefer the full bodied wines from the new world, especially from Washington State. Unfortunately, they are hard to find. You can taste as many wines as you like and we found a few wines we liked very much and we had them during the entire cruise. I'm pretty sure you'll find something you like!

Am interested in learning more about this product....I read the info in the link.. Sounds like many individuals have had positive results, which is great! Wondering about the medical research to back this up....Thinking of the Placebo effect.. Sounds harmless but... I'm kind of skeptical about shelling out the $$ .

Am interested in learning more about this product....I read the info in the link.. Sounds like many individuals have had positive results, which is great! Wondering about the medical research to back this up....Thinking of the Placebo effect.. Sounds harmless but... I'm kind of skeptical about shelling out the $$ .

Well, there is one poster that has had positive results and two of us have purchased the product (I received my promptly). I also purchased a copper tongue scrapper from Amazon (very inexpensive). Only time will tell if it works.