Hubbard Glacier

cltcruzer

I am going through my pictures from our cruise this summer and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out which mountain peaks can be seen when facing Hubbard Glacier, looking towards the left. I am thinking maybe Mt Cook and Mt Vancouver, but am not sure. Thanks for any help!

Mount Logan is 19,551 ft. More importantly, it is the largest mountain mass on the face of the earth, over 30 miles across the top. In fact, measured from how close it is to tide water, it is maybe the highest of them all.

St. Elias--Which many thought at one time was the tallest mountain on earth, since it is so close to the coast, is 18,008 ft.

Edited by kennicott

I am going through my pictures from our cruise this summer and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out which mountain peaks can be seen when facing Hubbard Glacier, looking towards the left. I am thinking maybe Mt Cook and Mt Vancouver, but am not sure. Thanks for any help!

But you are also correct in that Mt. Malaspina at 12,388', Mount Cook at 12,218', and Mount Vancouver 15,787" are also off to the left, and even closer, when facing Hubbard. But they are mere foothills compared to the other two.