Antigua / Tortola days on Paradise Islands 25 November (Marella Explorer)

Just booked a couple of excursions via my local Tui shop, (as per previous threads) who were helpful and it is quite straight forward as they were not showing bookable via the tui cruise excursions webpage.

However the 27 November on the excursions confirmation is now Tortola and the 29 November is Antigua. On my booking confirmation and Marella cruise website and What's in port schedules they are the other way around visit Antigua on 27th and Tortola 29th! I booked excursions with Tui for both ports so It doesn't make that much difference to me however, anyone booking private tours may need confirmation! I have booked private tours for some of the other ports...they appear correct or is it a mystery cruise!?

Hi santra little bit off subject but if you have been to Tortola before be prepared for a bit of a shock its not as it was because of the hurricane devastation, it was most upsetting when we visited in March we did find the locals very resilient and grateful of our visit. Sorry to have interrupted you.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

We are also booked on this itinerary, departure Nov 25th, and our documents and e-mail confirmations show the itinerary as Antigua on the 27th and Tortola on the 29th, the same as your shorex dates.

It may be that the ports dates were tweaked after the itineraries were initially released, or that Marella had a typo somewhere along the way then corrected it.

Hi santra little bit off subject but if you have been to Tortola before be prepared for a bit of a shock its not as it was because of the hurricane devastation, it was most upsetting when we visited in March we did find the locals very resilient and grateful of our visit. Sorry to have interrupted you.

Yes, thank you Pensioncruiser for the comments - I had researched the island over these last couple of months and it appears they are a long way being off being 'back to normal' . I was hoping to book an excursion locally - more money towards the island - however there are hardly any tours available so I plumped for a short 3hr TUI one. I am intending on shopping and eating locally though whilst in Road Town. At least they are getting all the yachting / sailing visitors with numbers of these visitors increasing and looking at the port schedule for Road Town over this next winter there is at least one cruise ship in town - hopefully businesses will be trying before the main start of the season to be open and accepting $$ What did you do whilst you were there?

Reverting back to the Explorer itinerary, when I phoned TUI shop she did tell me that the itinerary/ excursion dates were correct and the excursion confirmation does detail the new dates and timings for the whole cruise!.... I really am expecting to visit Grenada on the 27th and Tortola on the 29th though!

Unfortunately no trips available for us being first ship in it was a bit dangerous so just walked into town but Mrs PC to upset to go far we could not find any of the friend's we had meet over the past years. St Marten was just about up and running but non of the sea front bars open and still some boat's in the shop fronts.

Unfortunately no trips available for us being first ship in it was a bit dangerous so just walked into town but Mrs PC to upset to go far we could not find any of the friend's we had meet over the past years. St Marten was just about up and running but non of the sea front bars open and still some boat's in the shop fronts.

Hi PC when was your visit please?