Tender help

markiec

This is our second cruise, and we did not have to tender on our first one. I have questions about the process. How long does it typically take? What is the process? How long before a ship departs should I be back at the place to tender? How long before the ship leaves do they stop tender?

I am real nervous about this as I am booking some shore excursions on my own and don't want to miss the boat.

There aren't any tenders in Roatan.

Belize and Grand Cayman are where you tender into port.

Cozumel is also currently tendering until the docks are rebuilt because of the damage done to them from Hurricane Wilma...

If you book a tour throught the ship then they tell you where/when on the ship to meet and you get off together on your tender boat to go to your tour and then they bring you back to the pier when your tour is over and you wait in line to take a tender back.

If you are going off the boat and are not booked through the ship for an excursion...you go get in line for a tender ticket or # depending on your cruiselines....If the boat is due to be in Grand Cayman at 7 am... and I have booked an independant tour there....I am in line for a ticket at 6:30am....so that I can be one of the first people off the boat after the ships tours have left. If I am not in a big hurry I wait for the crowds to die down and then go later!

The Tenders are just big free water taxis!

Just give a little more time than usual to catch your taxi tender to be back to the boat on time....and always keep your watches on ships time

-because the country may be on a different time zone!

The important thing is to be back to the dock with lots of time before the last tender leaves. The ship will tell you when the last tender is going to leave...so plan to be back sooner...at least 1 hour! Be Wise!

We are planning our own excursions and that info is really helpful!

There aren't any tenders in Roatan.

Belize and Grand Cayman are where you tender into port.

Cozumel is also currently tendering until the docks are rebuilt because of the damage done to them from Hurricane Wilma...

If you book a tour throught the ship then they tell you where/when on the ship to meet and you get off together on your tender boat to go to your tour and then they bring you back to the pier when your tour is over and you wait in line to take a tender back.

If you are going off the boat and are not booked through the ship for an excursion...you go get in line for a tender ticket or # depending on your cruiselines....If the boat is due to be in Grand Cayman at 7 am... and I have booked an independant tour there....I am in line for a ticket at 6:30am....so that I can be one of the first people off the boat after the ships tours have left. If I am not in a big hurry I wait for the crowds to die down and then go later!

The Tenders are just big free water taxis!

Just give a little more time than usual to catch your taxi tender to be back to the boat on time....and always keep your watches on ships time

-because the country may be on a different time zone!

The important thing is to be back to the dock with lots of time before the last tender leaves. The ship will tell you when the last tender is going to leave...so plan to be back sooner...at least 1 hour! Be Wise!

Archived