Go Port Canaveral

RoadTripFanatic

Hi! I've searched the threads and I can not find any review on this. Has anyone used them? Did they end up waiting long once they got off of the ship to return to MCO? I'm not so concerned with the trip out to the ship but we have plans for Disney once we get off the ship. We've booked a Disney Hotel to use their transportation and avoid renting a car. (Price was about equal)

Thanks!

They have a representative and check-in station at the cruise terminal to help streamline things. You will be traveling in a large bus back to Orlando Airport.

As can be expected they will not leave until the bus is full. Then depending on booking numbers for that day they may stop at another terminal to pick more passengers.

When you book a cheap package like this you have no control over the timing of things but since they are quite popular nowadays my guess is you will get back to the airport within a reasonable time - as long as you can get on the first bus!

I would book the transport based on your plans for the day. If you plan to get into Disney rather early then do not book Goportcanaveral. Use private transportation, drop your luggage at the hotel and enjoy the parks. Or choose Disney transportation for the convenience (but not the fastest).

• 1 month later...

:)  Thanks!  In retrospect, I should have used the cruise line transportation or hired an UBER.  We were told the busses would run continuously on the port day.  They didn't.  My frustration was that we were there by the time it should have been the 8am bus.  The 8am bus had already left because it was full.  We had to wait until 9p for the bus to pull out and head to the airport.  We left the ship at 7:30.  We didn't get to the airport until almost 10am.  

• 1 month later...

I am looking at this company for a cruise in June. There will be 7 of us flying in the day before to Orlando Airport to cruise on the Harmony (Port Canaveral). I don't want to try and UBER/Lyft 7 people plus luggage. I have some questions and hope someone who as used them can help with the answers:

How are they at picking you up at the airport to take you to a hotel?

What time do they pick up from the hotel to bring to the port?

Any recommendations for hotels included in the package close to the port?

Thanks.

We used them for our December 2018 cruise and had a really good experience with them.  Some answers below but feel free to ask if you have other questions.

How are they at picking you up at the airport to take you to a hotel?  They do not pick you up at the hotel.  You will use the hotel's shuttle service for this.

What time do they pick up from the hotel to bring to the port?  Our pick up time was 9:30am but it might vary depending on what hotel you stay at and how many people they have to transport overall.  They use a "tour" type bus which was a nice change as the previousl shuttle servcies we have used have used large vans. 

Any recommendations for hotels included in the package close to the port?  We stayed at the Hampton Inn Gateway Village.  The hotel was standard and clean.  Breakfast was a decent variety and well replenished.  What we liked most was the close proximity of several restaurants.  Also the hotel shuttle service/driver was great.  They will take you anywhere in a 2 mile radius of the hotel which includes a liquor store and a Publix.  He also recommended several restaurants to us on the way back that they take people to frequently.