Grand Belize/Playa question

MsJ

Hello...we are on the Grand in February...I have been checking the webcam each day as the excitment builds for the cruise...I have been following the thread about the itinerary changes...then yesterday I saw that the Grand was on its way to Playa then today they were at Playa..according to my itinerary we are suppposed to be in Belize on Tuesday..I already booked an excursion with Princess there... Does anyone know if they are going to Playa on just some cruises and Belize on others?????????We are booked on the Caribe deck cabin 601.......we cruised the Ocean Princess to Alaska in July 2001 and loved the whole thing......I am really looking forward to sailing on the Grand....I have seen it in ports while on other cruises and land based vacations..but have never been on a ship that big!!!! Thanks Marianne

Guest AdmiralNelson

The ship was in Belize on Tuesday, in fact the day was extended from 1330hrs departure to 1800hrs. We are in Playa today Wednesday. However, by the time you get here it should be back to the normal itinerary.

Hi

We are cruising on 2/25 on The Grand....When are you cruising in Feb. We are also on the Caribe deck. I have also been wondering what changes will be made to the scheduled ports.....and how we will find the check in process.

Hi thanks for the info...does that mean you skipped Grand Cayman????? I have been reading about the tendering problems there but its one of the places we really want to go..we spent a week there last April and know that one can just about dive off the ship and be at the best snorkeling on the island..we stayed ata place a little further down the road ..we could see all the crise shipas and we just got in the water at our hotel and snorkeled down to Eden Rock right in the shadow of all the ships.....I dont think there is any reral good snorkeling in Playa..I might be wrong but it seems like if you stay there most of the excursions go to Coz....we are on the 2/18 cruise...school vacation week here in the northeast...anyway...I am not really worried about where we end up going...just being on the ship and cruising around and having someone clean up after me all week is vacation enough:) Marianne

The ship was in Belize on Tuesday, in fact the day was extended from 1330hrs departure to 1800hrs. We are in Playa today Wednesday. However, by the time you get here it should be back to the normal itinerary.

When did the passengers find out about the extended time in Belize? DH and I are looking at this changes this week as a good thing, kinda hoping our itenirary gets this weeks ports and times. If we get an extended time in Belize we will catch a flight or ferry to caye caulkner, if we go to Playa we are planning to go to Xel-Ha.

Guest AdmiralNelson
Hi thanks for the info...does that mean you skipped Grand Cayman????? I have been reading about the tendering problems there but its one of the places we really want to go..we spent a week there last April and know that one can just about dive off the ship and be at the best snorkeling on the island..we stayed ata place a little further down the road ..we could see all the crise shipas and we just got in the water at our hotel and snorkeled down to Eden Rock right in the shadow of all the ships.....I dont think there is any reral good snorkeling in Playa..I might be wrong but it seems like if you stay there most of the excursions go to Coz....we are on the 2/18 cruise...school vacation week here in the northeast...anyway...I am not really worried about where we end up going...just being on the ship and cruising around and having someone clean up after me all week is vacation enough:) Marianne

Yes we skipped Grand Cayman, but by the time you get here it will most likely be back to normal. I personally thik the itinerary we have now is much better than the original Grand Cayman is a great place, I was there for a season when I worked for Carnival but our ship does not have enough time there and the tendering there is bad because of the number of ships there.

Next couple (maybe 3) of cruises will most likely be the same itinerary, after that don't know yet, time will tell.

Archived