Car rental

joern

Does anyone know if there are other car rentals than Avis and Budget in Frederiksted?

We are 5 and planning to see Christiansted, a sugar plantation and Cruzan Rum Destillery, so I guess that taxi will be very expensive. I would therefore like to rent a car, but both Avis and Budget are sold out on our port day, so would be glad if someone can help

To my knowledge, there are no actual car rental offices in Frederiksted any longer.  When we were there last year, Budget brought a car to the port from their airport location.  There are several car rental agencies at the airport in addition to Budget and Avis.  I might suggest trying to find a car there and then taking a taxi to pick it up and a taxi back after dropping it off.  Drake can give you better advice, but IIRC, the airport is only about 20 minutes from the port, so if one person grabbed a taxi as soon as debarkation started, you wouldn't lose too much time while they retrieved the car from the airport.  We wasted well over an hour waiting on Budget to deliver our car and still had more than enough time to tour the Botanical Garden, and wander around and eat lunch in Christiansted.