Beverage Pkg increase

dmw1952

On 10/17/2018 at 12:24 AM, Blauelini said:

70 dollars a day for the top end price? Fool to pay that.

I've been called worse. We probably won't pay full price because of the C&A discount but so far it's been worth it.

The drink package became out of reach when they made everyone in the room have a drink package for me because SO does not drink much. Buying two is out of the question.

I am probably done with RC after this next cruise. RC has been really good to us but we did cruising because it was really affordable for what you get even over all inclusive resort. Now the cruise we are going on has added several more pay things to our ship and took away some included stuff. I understand the drink package and excursions being separate. But RC is starting to nickle and dime us to death. Where does it stop? When do they start charging for the surf simulator, shows etc.

All the new COCO cay pay stuff too now.

I have been cruising for almost 30 years with a break in the middle.

When I started cruising specialty restaurants were included you just need a  reservations. Drinks never were included but they had a hourly drink special for a buck.

So for me it might be time to switch cruise lines or go more all inclusive resorts. I just like to know what my cost are and not get nailed at the end.

I also realise cost go up and most of this is not about just the drink package

They should beware look at the ski industry they priced them self so high skiing is declining really fast. When it over 100 dollars a lift ticket. A family of 4 is 400.00 just to ski and then their is the food which is way over prices and lodging.. Skier visits go down and what do they do raise the prices again making even less skiers. Now their is no younger generation of skiers coming up.

It is the last few years things started to really change because for some reason cruising got really popular and mainly it was because you got allot for the money. Take that way it could become unpopular again and it is hard to get customers back.

It is just how I feel. It is kind of sad since we loved cruising and RC has been really good to us. we were going to take a year off and then do a Alaskan cruise but we are now thinking of not.

Are the other cruise lines doing the same adding all this pat stuff? I have been pretty much a RC customer for around maybe 10 years now?

Edited by shred5