Valley's Church Beach

coton

Based on the research that I have done Valley's Church Beach looks fantastic. Has anyone visited this beach? If so how far from the cruise ship port is this beach? Were there any amenities on this beach - i.e. restaurant/bathrooms/lounge chairs?

Thanks in advance for your info

I have searched through the whole Antigua message board and noticed:

1) A few people have enquired about valley church beach

2) Nobody has ever responded.

I ask of anyone visiting this beautiful island in the future to please at least ask about this beach i.e. distance from cruise port and what peoples opinions are. I think a few people would appreciate it.

From what I can tell on the internet is that this beach will not be the touristy place to be but the pictures are simply immaculate.

Thanks in advance for any info

I have lived here most of my life and have passed there hundreds of times and never once had the urge to take a turn off the road and go to the beach. ITs a fairly nice beach about 20 minutes drive from the port and seems to be one of "the beaches set up for cruise ships". There is a restaurant there which is usually closed but may open up almost as a cruise excursion when the ships are in. Why are you soooooo interested? Did someone say that you HAVE to go there other than your ship's excursion people?

I was so interested in this particular beach simply due to internet research and pictures of the beach.

I saw your suggestion for Half moon Bay. How far away is that beach from the port? and will a taxi take you to this beach as well? Are there any restaurants/bathrooms/lounge chairs on this beach?

I will be on my honeymoon and i am my wife has no idea what we are doing on any of our stops across the caribbean...so i wanted everyday to be at the best most spectacular beaches.

u will like 1/2 moon. u can get drinks and a burger or chicken at the bar just up from the beach. Smiling Harry's is the bar and Harry is a cool guy though the bar is pretty simple.....this is no high end restaurant so don't expect that. He's nice and food is simple but good. No chairs on the beach thank god. I hope that day never comes. Very rough water in the middle and calm on either side. Good body surfing but be careful as you will get tossed like a green salad if not. Its a long 30 minute drive to get there and it may cost you up to $80 round trip in a cab. don't quote me as i may be wrong on that one, but it won't be cheap. Good beach with chairs and proper restaurant would be turners or Castaways(jolly harbour).

Archived