Specific questions about AB on Dawn

WaldosPepper

I wonder if you great folks with past experience in an AB on the Dawn would favor me with answers to a few truly insignificant, but important-to-me questions? :)

How many electrical outlets, and where?

Is the hairdryer the pro-style one I've seen in several photos of the master bath? :D That one looks nice!

Is is a curtain or sliding door between bedroom and livingroom area?

Does the second bedroom have a separated entrance, or is it off the same entry hall?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions later. Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide! ;)

I wonder if you great folks with past experience in an AB on the Dawn would favor me with answers to a few truly insignificant, but important-to-me questions? :)

Is the hairdryer the pro-style one I've seen in several photos of the master bath? :D That one looks nice!

Does the second bedroom have a separated entrance, or is it off the same entry hall?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions later. Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide! ;)

No answers here but I am patiently waiting for the answers right along with you.

Donna

I will answer a couple of the questions.

Sliding frosted pocket doors. Curtain between the master bedroom and master bath.

It has a seperate entrance off a common hallway in the suite. It has its own keycard lock. Use the rubber door stop or risk locking yourself out of the second bed/bath area.

The attached floorplan should help.

16_s2.gif

I believe there was one outlet in each bathroom. A note about the sliding doors, make sure you lock them in place, either open or closed, otherwise they can bang back and forth. The advice about the doorstops for the small BR is right on the money, keep them in place and be careful in rough seas.

There was a hairdryer, I don't recall specifics, but I think your description is accurate.

When we were on the Dawn last April, in an AB. We brought one of those multi outlet plugs and plugged it into the one outlet in the bathroom. That way, my DH was able to charge the camcorder battery, his cell phone, his shaver, etc....

So, I would HIGHLY reccomend bringing one.

Suesan:) :) :)

Wow, these replies are awesome! Thank you!!!!!

I have one of those power strips that is kept specifically for cruising, so that's all set. I think I'll plug that one in the outlet near the table so DS can use it too.

That floorplan is awesome, too. I looked and looked and couldn't locate one anywhere. Thank you, Shoreguy!!!!!!!

Also glad to have the tips about those doorstoppers! I'm taking notes on all these suggestions, and will pop it into my doc envelope so we don't forget anything!

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming! :D

Pepper,

When we were out on the balcony we couldn't hear the phones ring or the door bell ring. So if you are expecting a call from a friend about meeting up for dinner, take the cordless out with you. If you don't want to be bothered by anything or anyone....leave it on the stand.:D

Pepper,

When we were out on the balcony we couldn't hear the phones ring or the door bell ring. So if you are expecting a call from a friend about meeting up for dinner, take the cordless out with you. If you don't want to be bothered by anything or anyone....leave it on the stand.:D

Excellent advice! :D

It still absolutely cracks me up that there's a doorbell! We're really not going to know what to do with ourselves. Do you realize the biggest cabin we've ever been in was a whopping 145 sq.ft. on the Majesty. And that was back in '99! Since then we always seemed to get stuck with the teensy ones at 108 sq. ft. :eek:

We're not at all accustomed to "a life of luxury" :o so this trip is really gonna blow our minds, I'm sure! If not for these boards, I never would have even considered looking at any of the high level cabins, because they're just way out of our reach! I hold each and every one of you responsible for us getting spoiled rotten! :D

our stewards left at least 3 doorstops in the cabin with us on the cruise.

If we're just ducking out into the hallway for a sec we turn the dead bolt so we don't get locked out.

Always remember if the balcony door is open, make sure you don't have any loose papers, money, etc. laying around if you open the main door. The wind effect will blow it away out to sea.

Excellent advice! :D

It still absolutely cracks me up that there's a doorbell! We're really not going to know what to do with ourselves. Do you realize the biggest cabin we've ever been in was a whopping 145 sq.ft. on the Majesty. And that was back in '99! Since then we always seemed to get stuck with the teensy ones at 108 sq. ft. :eek:

We're not at all accustomed to "a life of luxury" :o so this trip is really gonna blow our minds, I'm sure! If not for these boards, I never would have even considered looking at any of the high level cabins, because they're just way out of our reach! I hold each and every one of you responsible for us getting spoiled rotten! :D

You're going to love it, I guarantee. Now the question is, how do you go back to a regular room?

THIS IS GREAT INFO, WE ARE SAILING ON THE STAR 02/13 AND ARE VERY EXCITED. WE JOINED THE RANK OF THE AB SUITE!!!

is there a mini-bar in the AB suite? i was reading something to the effect of 3 liters being provided, or was that the owners suite AA?

if not, can a mini-bar be ordered?

can you bring soda-pop and/or bottled water on board with you?

obviously bringing alcohol onboard is a no-no, can you order bottles to use in the room?

is Squirt (grapefruit soda) available on the ship, or as a mixer in the bars?

and if not could i bring it with me?

which side of the ship has the best views? most sun on balcony?

i appreciatte any help on these questions!!!!

thanks,

blairmann

NO minibar and no booze provided in the AB-we did get a bottle of champagne and our TA sent us 2 bottles of Merlot. We also ordered a bar set up through NCL- a bottle of Absolute for @ $40..

You'll have room service for food & snacks-I was so full on the last few days, I had trouble eating

You can bring it soda & water on...I have no problem w/ drinking the water on the ship however.

You can bring Squirt---I didn't see it

I really don't think there's a difference between port & starboard-I had sun having been on both sides at different times

1)There are outlets in the master bath and an additional one in the second bedroom

2) The hairdryer was a professional type and had plenty of power. It worked as well as, if not better than, mine at home.

3) The livingroom and bedroom are seperated by a sliding frosted glass door which locks into place to prevent closing if needed.

4) The second bedroom is on the right hand side after you walk thru the main entry door. It's off the entry hallway and is actually very private from the rest of the cabin.

There were 4 of us sharing this cabin and all of us had no trouble finding some private space from one another. I wish all ships had this type of cabin as it affords some breathing room....especially for a longer sailing.

Thank you so much! All of these replies are terrific! ;)

It's going to be really nice having the second bedroom so DS can have some privacy - and so can we! :) It's especially nice that he'll have his own bathroom - that'll keep him out of MINE! :D :D

gregandamy - I have no doubt going back to a regular cabin is going to be excruciating. As Shoreguy says - sometimes ya just gotta grab the gold ring!!! Life is short. Much shorter than I used to think. So, my new motto: carpe diem!!!!!!!

It's going to be really nice having the second bedroom so DS can have some privacy - and so can we! :) It's especially nice that he'll have his own bathroom - that'll keep him out of MINE! :D :D

gregandamy - I have no doubt going back to a regular cabin is going to be excruciating. As Shoreguy says - sometimes ya just gotta grab the gold ring!!! Life is short. Much shorter than I used to think. So, my new motto: carpe diem!!!!!!!

Amen to that. We liked ours so much, we booked another for 2/12.

Yes, in life you cannot book a guarentee and expect a upsell.:D

Keeping our kids out of OUR bathroom was nearly impossible! Finally, my DH got tough and said "listen here, when you start paying for these cruises you can use the fancy bathroom all the time but until then, use yours". Of course, there was the exception of letting them use the whirlpool for fun.

Keeping our kids out of OUR bathroom was nearly impossible! Finally, my DH got tough and said "listen here, when you start paying for these cruises you can use the fancy bathroom all the time but until then, use yours". Of course, there was the exception of letting them use the whirlpool for fun.

Fortunately DS is 16, so there is a greater allure to having his own private space, as opposed to the novelty of that big luxury bath. ;)

That said - he can tour that big bathroom upon embarkation, and after that ... well let's just say I'd better not find his dirty socks on the floor in there! :eek:

I'm still so excited I can barely stand it! :D

Archived