Best time for visit?

pfd104

Hi

Sydney is great any time, winter is mild compared to Canada. Summer Dec, Jan & Feb, hot and Humid. New Years Day was hottest on record 45C. Autumn (fall) & spring are also nice. If you are planning to visit the beaches then summer is best. It's hot and very humid here at the moment.

Barrier Reef is nice to visit anytime, very hot and humid in summer, also can be quite wet and trcky, I find that Sept, Oct, April & May best time to visit the reef.

I find that Sept, Oct, April & May best time to visit the reef.
As someone else from a temperate climate who doesn't particularly like the heat, I would suggest those months as good for Sydney, too.

Personally, I'd recommend avoiding Sydney in late June, July and the beginning of August. It can be very chilly and damp if you're unlucky. Grey shivering drizzle isn't something normally associated with Sydney, but it can happen at this time of the year. I've suffered it enough times! :)

When would the best time to visit Australia, regards to weather conditions. I am planning a trip for next year and would like to visit Sydney and the great barrier reef.

Agree with the other posters - try and avoid summer (Dec-Feb), particularly here in Queensland (Barrier Reef). Very, very hot and humid - it's also peak holiday period, with school holidays, higher prices, crowds etc.

Archived