MSC Port in Venice, Italy. Where is it? :)

LX19

For those of you who have sailed with MSC out of Venice, where is the port located? I've read conflicting reviews online, and even among different customer service reps. Which port does MSC Magnifica leave from, and if you stayed in Venice, do you have any hotel recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

MSC uses the regular Maritima Port which is the main port just over the bridge from the Piazale Roma.  But this is going to change in the future as Venice is implementing a new policy that limits the size of ships allowed into the port.  Once this new policy goes into effect, the MSC ships (and all the other large cruise ships  over 55000 tons) will have to dock at a mainland port located a few miles from Venice.  There has been so much controversy and legal challenges in Italy that the actual date of this change is still a question.  I suspect it will not happen until at least 2020.....but since its Italy we shall have to wait and see.

Hank

Although this hotel is not quite near the port, I think it is entirely worth the money. I felt hôtels in Venezia were ridiculously expensive, so I figured that if money was be spent... then Ca’Sagredo was were to go.  If you are a member of SLH then you run a decent chance of an upgrade. This facility is classified in Italy as a hotel and a museum. Oh yeah.

If you’re looking for somewhere amazing to stay, we stayed in Hilton Molino Stucky which has a free boat back and forward to St Marks square area. It’s on giudecca island right across from S Basilio on the map posted above. 

3285ADDB-BEEC-416F-9ACA-9C0142E94A40.jpeg

8162B5D4-66A9-483B-AB1E-B124B0322285.jpeg