Victory Mechanical Issues

johnnyf0614

Anyone have any updates on the Victory?  I read that they had to change their itinerary due to mechanical issues and not being able to hit max speed.  Instead of Key West and Cozumel, they are now docking in Nassau and Princess Cays.  Just seeing if anyone has more details.

Hope that's fixed quickly. We're on Victory next week and Nassau is not where I want to go (used to live there, most of my family is gone, we've sold my grandmother's house and it just feels weird being there). But hey, a cruise is a cruise, right, and we've never been to Princess Cays.

• Like 1

I just watched Carnival Victory arrive at Key West before dawn and leave at 1:30 in the afternoon.  It's off to Cozumel arriving there at noon tomorrow for a 10 hour stop...i.e. half of it in dark...so astute passengers will drink in Key West whilst on shore and grab lunch at the buffet...and in Cozumel...perhaps a big breakfast or really early lunch before disembarking...and back on the ship late...what dining will even be open...do they still have the burger and pizza on the Lido deck by the pool.  This is the longer of the two weekly "short" cruises out of Miami...I suppose if a couple can get an inside cabin for $199 each or less, but given the time embarking and disembarking for 3 or 4 days...to think it's not that long ago that this ship was running 7 days out of San Juan with 6 interesting Southern Caribbean ports in 7 days while the "no balcony older boats" were doing the short party cruises...deplorable!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wonder what ship, if any, is going to replace Victory doing 3 and 4 day cruises when she becomes Radiance. I would assume Carnival will use Radiance on longer cruises. 

Miracle is repositioning from San Diego to Miami via the Panama Canal in February 2020. Miracle is due for dry dock then herself, but I’d expect that to be squeezed in before Victory gets Radiated.

I guess we’ll find out for sure when the dancing of the ships is officially announced.

• 3 weeks later...

Conquest will remain the sole ship doing 3-day cruises out of Miami. Magic is moving to Miami in May 2020, but Magic will not be doing 3-day cruises.

Radiance will ultimately be based in Port Canaveral after programs in New York and Norfolk.