Question About Pre and Post Regent Hotel Stays

Mcrosby57

We booked our Regent cruise through Costco (couldn't resist the ship credits and cash back and VISA percentage).  Disadvantage is Regents travel agents won't answer quick questions and if I call Costco, they call Regents and I have to wait on hold.  

So, I'm hoping someone with experience with RSSC can help.  We booked one day pre and post cruise at the RSSC partnered hotel in Stockholm and Copenhagen.  I know transfers are included but are the excursions RSSC offers for those ports available to us, too?  Or do we have to pay extra for those but book them through the Concierge at the hotel?  We bought Concierge level suites for the cruise that includes the pre-cruise extra day in Stockholm.  Just wondering how to plan to see things our extra day.

Thanks for the answers and help!

Mcrosby,  You can expect Regent representatives waiting for you once you clear customs in Stockholm.   They will ensure you get to your hotel.  Similarly you will be picked up from your hotel in Copenhagen and be taken to the airport. 

It all depends on the volume of cruise passengers that arrive or depart during your timeframe whether they will use a coach, a van or a car to transport you.  We were extremely impressed that the Regent Rep welcomed us just outside of Customs and said "There is a car waiting for you..."  Returning after the cruise from London, again a private car was sent to pick us up.   Very Nice Mercedes - both times.

We stayed at "Haymarket by Scandic" in Stockholm which was perfectly positioned near the city center and Old Town.  We chartered tour guides very reasonably using the internet from a service you join in front of the Nobel Museum.  Regent Excursions, when offered, are normally for current passengers that are staying onboard and continuing on the next leg of the cruise.

What happens if we book our own air, but book a concierge cabin with pre night in a hotel.  Do we inform Regents as to or flight information, or do we have to find our own way to the hotel.  If we arrive in London, what hotels do they use?  Does one stay in London by airport, or in the city?

Unfortunately, if you take the airfare differential (receive cash/credit in place of Regent tickets) you are also receiving transfer cash too.   Regent meets, greets and transports their own Regent travelers only.   That said, you might be able to contact Regent and ask if you could purchase the ground transfer services.  On a Med cruise where our TA was handling a group of us without Regent assistance I inquired how much it would cost to have Regent get us to the hotel (Barcelona) and then the airport and we found taxis to be much easier and cost effective.

When we were on a post-Cruise stay in London we stayed in the Mayfair District at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel.

Mixed review on Grosvenor House,  beautiful hotel but the rooms at the Regent travelers were assigned were sub-standard for Regent tastes.

I always take the air and hotel cash credit,,,find I can do better on my own and prefer to pick my own air times,carrier,seats,etc. Same with hotel,,,like to choose my own.The cost is less important to us ,,than convenience.Hate to wait for ALL the passengers to board bus,etc.Faster and more comfortable to take our own taxi.Nice to be given this choice,and know others prefer all inc..Same when leaving ship,,,take taxi when WE want ,not group time.