On Breakaway now, course change.

neilkear

41 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Breakaway is on the move now. should be at the terminal within the hour

Wrong. I am on the BA now. We have been anchored past the bridge for quite some time. Medivac by coast guard. No more information. 

6 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Wrong. I am on the BA now. We have been anchored past the bridge for quite some time. Medivac by coast guard. No more information. 

oh. on the webcam, it looked like she was moving. I guess it is winds and currents moving the ship around

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

oh. on the webcam, it looked like she was moving. I guess it is winds and currents moving the ship around

Most likely. We have been informed that we will slowly make our way shortly but have been told to stay in our cabins until further notice. 

4 minutes ago, daiseee said:

They're making you stay in your cabins????  wow

Captain said stay in your cabin but the room stewards are kicking us out

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  what a mess of a disembarkation this is going to be. And we still aren’t even moving. 

5 minutes ago, daiseee said:

They're making you stay in your cabins????  wow

Surprised they can not do extra activity like have a movie in the theater to help the people onboard pass the time.

according to a roll call post. checkin is now delayed to 10pm.

1 minute ago, 73t9g1 said:

Were at pier 88 and terminal people are saying breakaway is delayed because of weather and can’t dock

on the webcam, you can listen to the VHF radio. They were saying the breakaway was at anchorage due to strong currents/winds. they had to wait for it the weather to improve before they can move again.

9 minutes ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

2 medical emergencies and now confining passengers to their cabins and not docking!  My mind is going to a dark place.  I hope I’m wrong.

I think it was just one medical emergency.  My mom said they went to Turks and Caicos for the medical evacuation but the passenger was stabilized and chose to stay onboard until NY.  (I don't think they actually stopped in Turks and Caicos)

2 minutes ago, mom1965 said:

My daughter is on now.  Sitting in room. They are not moving and haven't moved in 2  hours.  Nothing opened for dinner either

according to marinetraffic ais map, the ship is doing 10 knots approaching Governor Island