Imagination R11?

WeBCruizn

This is our 1st cruise and we were suppose to be going with a large group of friends. So, I booked an Inside Cabin but things change and now it's just DH and myself. I was just notified that lucky me I got an upgrade to an ocean view cabin R11. That's the very bottom of the ship. Did I just get a raw deal?

You'll have sunlight,from a porthole.

You'll probably hear the sound of the water hitting the hull while you're in bed.

It's not loud or disturbing.

If you have any tender ports be prepared to be awakened about 6am when they drop the anchor. First time i heard it I jumped out of bed. lol

Illb

The very first cruise I ever went on was on the Imagination way back in 1999 and we were on the Riviera Deck in the next to the last room from the very back of the ship (literally you could go one door down and it was the end of the hall and you could look out the door at the back and see what looked like maybe an anchor deck or something) and we didn't have any problems with noise or sounds from the sea or anything, we really enjoyed it. Of course we had an inside cabin but it doesn't seem to me that the noise level would be that much different.

Definitely change it if you can, the window won't be worth the noise. We were on the lowest deck once with the porthole. The other poster is right, every port we pulled into, we were awakened by 6 am, you could hear the chains going out and the vibration while they were pulling into the pier. I was exhausted. Carnival tells people they'll upgrade them, but it's sometimes to a lower deck or at the bow or aft. Try for the middle.

The very first cruise I ever went on was on the Imagination way back in 1999 and we were on the Riviera Deck in the next to the last room from the very back of the ship (literally you could go one door down and it was the end of the hall and you could look out the door at the back and see what looked like maybe an anchor deck or something) and we didn't have any problems with noise or sounds from the sea or anything, we really enjoyed it. Of course we had an inside cabin but it doesn't seem to me that the noise level would be that much different.

The anchor is at the front of the ship so there would definitely be more noise then if you were on the aft of the ship.

I had cabin M15 or something close to that and believe me that anchor is LOUD!! Of course if you dock at every port it's a moot point.

Illb

WeB - If you booked though any agency other than directly through Carnival, no, it would do you no good to contact them about a change. You have to deal with your original booking agent - Carnival doesn't 'interfere' with outside bookings.

I haven't been on the Riveria Deck, but I've had cabins M6 and E1 - both porthole cabins. I book specific cabins, and I like the far-forward cabins.

Yep, you'll hear that anchor drop when you get to a port. And, BTW, it doesn't matter if you tender or dock - the anchor goes down. I've never ever tendered to a port, and I've heard that anchor drop every time I've been in those cabins.

BUT - it lasts mere seconds. I'm an early riser, so doesn't bother me at all. I'm usually sitting at my porthole having coffee anyway. For those who sleep late.......may be a momentary shock.;)

We had the inside U19- it was great- no traffic at the end of the hall, no noise from kids running up and down the halls. The ship docked at port, so we didn't hear the anchor, but we were awakened by the vibrations of docking, but it was no big deal- woke me and within 5 minutes, I was fast asleep again. Granted, we weren't on the R deck- we were two decks up, but we loved being forward. Two flights of stairs, we were at the lido deck at the pool. Great location...

Lisa

Archived