Volendam Catagory G HELP!

booboo29

Hello all! I have just booked on the Volendam and the cabin types we ususally go for are sold out. I have been sold a G catagory room on Main Deck all the way in the back. Should I be at all concerned about this room being noisy or otherwise undesirable?

Thanks for the input!

Jennifer

We were on the Volendam in Feb. 2002 in cabin G2175. On the one hand it was larger than regular outside cabins. The entrance hall was wide enough that you could walk past your DH when the closet door was opened. There was only a shower in our cabin which turned out to be nice since you didn't have to step over that hugely high tub to get in. (As my DH puts it I am "verticaly challanged".) BUT and this is a big one- the cabin seemed to be right over the winches that let out the mooring lines, so every time you came into port at 5 am you got a lovely wakeup call. There is also a deck behind those aft facing cabins which seemed to get washed down everyday at 5 am. There was a sign on the emergency exit that it was forbidden to use that deck and being good citizens we didn't, but there were some horribly rude people near us that kept going out there and whooping it up.

We're sailing the Volendam Feb. 11, 2006 and I have my cabin on the Main Deck, category L. I usually like to stay Main Deck category K, but my sisters need quad cabins and they are located in the aft section, so there I am. I have stayed in the L and E categories in the past and didn't mind it a bit. You MAY feel a bit more of the ships movement but that's really all I have ever noticed.

You are going to love the Volendam, enjoy!!

Orlando-

Thanks for the news. That is the exact cabin they were trying to sell us. I think we ended up with the one next door. DH is a VERY light sleeper, so now I am a little worried.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

We were on the Volendam on December 26 peak holiday time(New Year's). We were on the Verandah Deck which was quiet. If you are not going during a school vacation when many children are onboard I would not worry. We were told there were 300 children onboard when we sailed-hardly saw or heard them. Found many in the day at the Lido pool and whirlpools but not at the aft pool. We did meet a couple who stayed on the main deck. They said it was extremely noisy and that all the children seemed to be located on that deck. I would only be worried if it's a President's week, Easter/Passover or summer cruise when all the kids are out of school and run rampant throughout the ship without parental supervision-one of my pet peeves. Hope this helps.

Archived