St. Thomas to Virgin Gorda -How long will it take

csp1981

We will arrive in St. Thomas on a Sunday March 12 at 7:00. Would love to visit Virgin Gorda and the Baths. Does anyone know how long this would take? By reading these posts I know we would take ferries. We're just trying to get an idea of how long it will take both ways and if it is worth it. Tried to book trip through New Horizons but they won't book a cruise passenger unless it's a charter.

The 7:00 time is the time your ship arrives in St. Thomas. It is not the time you disembark. If you were at a non-U.S. port prior to arriving in St. Thomas you will have to go through Customs and that means you will not get off the ship until around 9:00. Some folks have reported getting off as early as 8:00 but their ship may have come to St. Thomas from a U.S. port like San Juan or Miami.

From St. Thomas you need to catch a ferry to get to Virgin Gorda and once you arrive in Virgin Gorda I believe you need to go through customs. When you return to St. Thomas you need to go through customs again. Ferry service is available from Charlotte Amalie and Red Hook.

Sorry for sounding negative, but I'm not sure how regularly the ferries run between Virgin Gorda and St. Thomas and you do need to always have to be thinking about getting back to your ship on time. To me it seems like you'd spend more time going between point A and point B than really enjoying yourselves at the Baths. I'd save the Baths for a day trip during a week's vacation on St. Thomas or find a cruise ship that stops in the BVI.

Found this at the vinow site - doesn't look good for you.

British Virgin Islands Ferry: Red Hook and Cruz Bay - Virgin Gorda

Inter Island Boat Service (340)776-6597

Rates: Roundtrip, Adults $60. Children 1-11 years old $45. Toddlers under 1, free.

Time: About 1 hour 30 minutes from St. John.

Note: Clearing immigration is necessary; trip may take longer than approximated. Proof of citizenship is required.

Leaving Red Hook, St. Thomas Thursday & Sunday Only

8:00 am

Leaving Cruz Bay, St. John Thursday & Sunday Only

8:30 am

Leaving Virgin Gorda Thursday & Sunday Only

3:00 pm

Archived