Thoughts on Galleries

grsnovi

I think it's great that we're able to upload photographs to galleries hosted by CC. Perhaps I missed the "Tips" thread on how best to use them (or perhaps they're still not quite baked). So, consider this a place to include your tips/suggestions about this feature:

• Think about how you name your gallery. For example, I initially put up one where I named it: "Norway 2018" but then I wanted to put another photo up that was from another cruise. If you expect to use a galley for all sort of shots, you may just want to give it a generic name. If all of the shots you are going to place in a gallery are from a specific cruise naming it with the cruise will work.
  • It doesn't appear that you can go back and re-name a gallery - so your original name should be considered (see above).
  • Your camera slaps a name on every photo you take - that name may not make any sense to anyone else on the planet. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to add comments to an image in a gallery - if you rename your photo with some minimal amount of information prior to uploading to a gallery it can make it so much more meaningful to others. For example: DSC03133.jpg might be renamed as "Eurodam cabin 6034 - 2018.jpg" 
  • It would be great if there was an ability to search/sort galleries. It would give us the ability to create our own database of stateroom photographs without resorting to another website.