Cruise Director on Constellation

meyer4two

It might be Derek. He was our CD on the Connie at xmas - he said it was his first week back from holidays - so he'll be working for several months more.

After talking to him at the cruise critic party, it turns out his home (on land) is about 1 mile from where I live - small world.

Graham

I am no cruise director, but my wife and I are on that cruise. :) If you are too, and you are interested, you should come over to our roll call thread. As to the original question, if it turns out to be Derrick, does anyone know if he is a good director? I know that is subjective, but I am just curious as to peoples thoughts on him.

Yes I am on the April 19th cruise. Derek was the cruise director on the Constellation when we cruised last Oct. 17th. He was good but I did notice there weren't as many pool activities as other cruises. He is very friendly and we did enjoy him.

I have been reading comments on the roll call for the cruise but haven't made any replies yet.

Can't wait till April 19th.

It might be Derek. He was our CD on the Connie at xmas - he said it was his first week back from holidays - so he'll be working for several months more.

After talking to him at the cruise critic party, it turns out his home (on land) is about 1 mile from where I live - small world.

Graham

Do you ever see him when he's not on the ship? That would be funny to see him in the grocery store.

Yes I am on the April 19th cruise. Derek was the cruise director on the Constellation when we cruised last Oct. 17th. He was good but I did notice there weren't as many pool activities as other cruises. He is very friendly and we did enjoy him.

I have been reading comments on the roll call for the cruise but haven't made any replies yet.

Can't wait till April 19th.

I was on the same Oct 17 and comparing him to John Howell a year earlier I would vote for John in a minute. Derek to me seemed like he was going through the motions(canned jokes). He may have been watching behind the scenes but I want my cruise director to be more involved. He could have been tired and the budget cuts may also have had something to do with it but that doesnt stop him from taking off the jacket and doing some activities himself. John actually did the caribbean night conga stuff himself. Derek sat and watched from a distance.

John Howell is good but did you ever cruise with Simon. I thought he was the best. Mingled with all the guests, saw him everywhere I went on the ship. Getting a hotdog I ran into him & we had a long conversation. He really went out of his way to please the guests. I hope someday I will cruise with him again.

I agree, we are going this April on the Constellation then planning on trying RC. I would like to cruise on a ship that I don't know by heart & want to explore something new and find my way around and maybe 'get lost' trying to find my room. Just something different. Not sure if I like the itineraries on RC though, I love 'at sea' days and most of their schedules are island after island with not many 'at sea' days. Islands everyday wouldn't be very relaxing. I know you can stay on the ship but its not the same sitting by the pool while the ship is docked.

Archived