Box Lunches

hebeast

I see a lot of people on the Port of Call threads talk about taking box lunches on some of the private tours.

I know that Celebrity does not offer this so how are people coordinating it.

Has anyone ever ran into a problem taking food off the ship due to government restrictions on agriculture problems in most counties.

Thanks

It's not a problem for me, I just take the wifester ashore with me!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

Our box lunches while on the Mercury were AWLFUL, TERRIBLE and BAD.

They should have paid us to eat it. An example was a side dish of canned mixed vegetables. Yuck. Warm soda can drink. The meal was so bad that I still remember it! I loved the overal experience of Celebrity but this was one sour note on our trip.

Karen

Summit 9/3/04 Alaska Southbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Karen,

How long ago was this?? I didn't think Celeb even offered box lunches any more, guess I won't be asking for one in November huh??!! I'll eat in a port restaurant instead.

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

I'll never forget the funny boxed lunch we got once. We were on the Mercury. We took an excursion to Cancun. It was an hour bus ride. They gave us a box lunch. I can't remember what all was in it, but there was a small can of tuna? No bread. Now imagine a whole bus load of passengers opening up a smelly can of tuna. Most Americans just don't eat tuna straight from the can like that either? Most everyone left theirs unopened. We would have loved a sandwich icon_frown.gif

Depending where you are, they very well may be agricultural restrictions about taking food off (or on) ships.

I think Celebrity, or its tour vendors, do supply box lunches on some Celebrity excursions but not to individual passengers.

The reference the original poster is making, I believe, is to people on private tours "sneaking" food off the ship so they don't have to stop for lunch while touring. In my opinion, for several reasons, this is no-no.

Happy sailing.

Joanie

For any stops in Mexico, you cannot take any food off the ship. When we stopped in Cozumel in November on RSSC, the cruise director kept announcing every five minutes that Mexico has strict rules about bringing any kind of food off the ship. There were Mexican authorities just off the gangway checking bags and purses.

Darcie

The Celebrity Gov't approved box lunch consists of a small can of tuna, canned peaches, a bag of chips and a cookie with yes.. a warm drink.

On our Cancun excursion luckily cold beer was served. Most folks waited until we got off the motorcoach to eat (thankfully).

If you bring meats, fresh fruits, vegetables, etc off the ship with you, you are in violation of agricultural laws. Doesn't matter where you are.. they are all pretty much the same.

We took a celebrity excursion to Tulum about 2 years ago which included a horrible and inedible box lunch. we sneaked off a wonderful cheese sandwhich. it was one of the best sandwhiches I have ever had. ded

Janjay,

I believe you are correct. The boxed lunches were provided by the tour company. We ate the roll, the chips and the cookie. The cans of tuna and fruit went to the driver and the tour guide. I bet their cabinets are filled with tuna and peach cans.

RCI Song of Norway 1982

RCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/04

Tahitian Princess 1/22/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;22;21;1;00&timezone=GMT-1000

JNLROSE,

Sorry for the delayed response to your question.

I cruised on the Mercury on November cruise to West Carribean in 2001.

The excursion was through Celebrity. I believe but am not sure the boxed lunch was handed out on the bus.

Karen

Summit 9/3/04 Alaska Southbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived