Height limits for bike excursions

wishIweretravelling

Having done several bike tours with Azamara, I find it hard to believe you couldn't use the bikes the ship provides.

However on our last cruise, we used "real" mountain bikes provided by the tour company.  This may be another story.

I believe the minimum height restriction is 72 inches.  Back in the day, I soared to a height of 75 inches but time and gravity have brought me down.  Nevertheless, at 72 inches the Azamara bicycles were no problem for me on recent excursions - and there were other participants who were shorter yet.  Perhaps you might reserve your slot, then clear it  with the shore excursion staff once onboard?

56 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

72 inches (6 ft) is the maximum. 63 (5'3"") is the minimum. There's a couple in my group, one of whom is taller than the max and the other of whom is shorter than the minimum. This range seems incredibly unrealistic, and leaves out a huge proportion of the population.

Of course you are correct, wishiweretrravelling.

Clearly I cannot compute using imperial measurements, and as an American I'm woefully undereducated in the metric system.  However, I will say that as a five foot, two inch female I have enjoyed several bicycle excursions on Azamara and had no difficult adjustments.  Good luck with your planning!