Rates Changing Depending on if logged in or not

rtkenmore

Has anyone else noticed rates change depending on if they are logged into My NCL or not?  I was checking an upcoming January cruise just to see where things stood and an Ocean View OA was being quoted at $1399/person.  I did a mock booking for the hell of it just to see what the total would be at that new rate including "Pick 5" and when I got to the point to enter Guest 1, I just chose to log in and used the saved guest info... AT that point, the site notified me that the rate changed and prompted me to start the booking over....

Now, an Ocean View OA is showing up as $1119 when I'm logged in.  I check some other categories as well compared to being logged in and logged out and they all are different.  Being logged in shows rates anywhere from $100 to $300 or more LESS.

What's going on??

19 minutes ago, dubroben22 said:

there is a promotion going on now for past guests to have 20% off select carribbean cruises. you need to get logged in to see promotional rates. 

That makes sense then.  I had figured it being around a 20% difference so I was beginning to wonder if somehow my Total Rewards status (Diamond) was now reflecting the discount directly online without having to call or something.

I was so very confused and didn't even think that this could be an ongoing Latitudes promotion.

It's always worth shopping around using different devices, IP addresses, and clearing cookies on a regular basis. This is not just cruise-specific guidance. Many sites track what they've quoted you via cookies so that if you check back on that same site day after day the price might not change BUT if you check on a different device, you may find the price is different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdnsteelman said:

It's always worth shopping around using different devices, IP addresses, and clearing cookies on a regular basis. This is not just cruise-specific guidance. Many sites track what they've quoted you via cookies so that if you check back on that same site day after day the price might not change BUT if you check on a different device, you may find the price is different. 

Definitely...  I'll usually check on my iPhone, iPad and computer...  And then for safe measure get some uninvolved 3rd party to check too.

3 hours ago, cdnsteelman said:

Yessir,  this is a thing.  Ever since I started using a VPN service I've noticed that shopping on the PC vs the tablet (no VPN) almost always gives differing prices.  Specifically when returning over time to same site to check on prices.  Also VPN is great for checking pricing and promotions in other countries.  They can be different.