Need help re: HAL and "Important Visa Information"

bluegiraffe

So there I am, doing my online check-in for our next HAL cruise that has a stop in Cuba.  I get to the final page where one can print boarding passes, etc. and there is a link to "Important Visa Information."   Which most unhelpfully redirects when clicked on to HAL's FAQ page which has NO visa information.  Is anyone able to tell me what the Important Visa Information is?   And yes, I've tried MS Edge, Firefox, and Safari browers all with the same result.  Thank you.

"Visas" for Cuba will be issued by the ship - I believe they are called transit passes but work the same way - they will be charged to your ship account (about $75) and include the mandatory health insurance for travel in Cuba too.

If you are a US citizen be sure to read the restrictions issued by the US Dept of Treasury so you know what you are supposed to do - and how to document your visit. No reports of anyone having problems after the fact, but these are the published regulations for US citizens only.

The tricky part is within the cruise documents is/was a 4 page Declaration about your intended time in Cuba that had to be filled out before you board - do you intend to do ships tours, hybrid  ship tours and private or all private - there were copies at embarkation to fill out if you had not done this prior to arriving at the departure port.

Caught many of us by surprise because many of us no longer read every page of the boarding documents - but there this 4 page Declaration was hiding somehwere around page 17.

• Like 1

I just printed our Guest Affidavit for Travel to Cuba a few days ago.  Once I found the right webpage, it was easy.  I couldn’t use my iPad, so I went to my laptop.  I always use Explorer when checking in on HAL’s website (a few years ago, I tried to use Edge on my new computer, but couldn’t make everything work.  I called HAL and was told to use Explorer.).   Try going to www.book2.hollandamerica.com/Cuba-Travel-Affidavit.  Hope this works for you!

9 hours ago, Mtn2Sea said:

I just printed our Guest Affidavit for Travel to Cuba a few days ago.  Once I found the right webpage, it was easy.  I couldn’t use my iPad, so I went to my laptop.  I always use Explorer when checking in on HAL’s website (a few years ago, I tried to use Edge on my new computer, but couldn’t make everything work.  I called HAL and was told to use Explorer.).   Try going to www.book2.hollandamerica.com/Cuba-Travel-Affidavit.  Hope this works for you!

The web site did not lead me to the affidavit.

This past Monday we received an email from HAL with the subject:  Important Notification For Booking Number . . . .   The email contained an attachment with this message:  

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:
This is a reminder that for Holland America Line sailings to Cuba, each guest must print out and complete the Cuba Travel Affidavit form available online at the following link:

www.hollandamerica.com/Cuba-Travel-Affidavit

This is a reminder that for Holland America Line sailings to Cuba, each guest must print out and complete the Cuba Travel Affidavit form available online at the following link:

Affidavits must be printed out and completed prior to arriving at the pier and will be collected during the check in process before embarking the ship. Additionally, travelers to Cuba do need to bring with them a valid Passport; a Passport Card is not acceptable for entry into Cuba. We thank you for your attention to this very important matter and look forward to welcoming you on board.

I see the link doesn’t include “book2”.  When I initially responded, I had gotten the link from my browser history.  I don’t know why the browser added the extra language!

Edited by Mtn2Sea

I use Google Chrome and have never had a problem finding the information. We went to Cuba last May on Carnival and printed out the affidavits and brought them with us to check in. The Visas costs $75 each and were charged to our onboard account. Do not fill them out until you are ready to get off the ship. I injured  my achilles tendon a week before the cruise and even with a rollator with a seat I knew I wouldn't be able to get off the ship and get around on the uneven terrain. I hadn't completed my Visa and was able to get my $75 back at Guest Services. They don't give you a refund if you have filled it out.