Cruising to Bermuda in December.

ladyhawk415

On 11/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, pacruise804 said:

I would hope that someone traveling to Bermuda would realize its location and that it is unlikely to be hot beach weather.  It read to me like the OP is asking more for sea conditions than air temperatures (OP, sorry I have no idea of conditions).

For temperature, it really varies from person to person.  Someone from the north or midwest might find 60's to 70's very pleasant compared to 20's-40's and be glad for shorts, while someone from the south could find the same temps to be chilly.  Activities will make a difference too - I doubt many are swimming at the Bermuda beaches in December, but hiking and exploring could be comfortably warm.

I tend to run cold and break out the sweaters early, while DH is warm and wears shorts whenever possible.  He reluctantly broke out the pants this weekend since there was ice and snow on the ground 😉 

We  were in Bermuda (hotel stays), a number of  times over Memorial Day ( end of May) and  it was cold.    We hardly got a peek at the beaches.  😞     When it is cold in Bermuda, it is cold,  IMO

Many  touristy  things/places may be 'done'  for the season.

Edited by sail7seas