Best islands to snorkel

I recently booked our first Southern Carribean cruise for mid Feb and I need to get going on excursions.  We 'll be going to Bridgetown, Barbados; St John's Antigua, Basseerre, St Kitts; Phillipsburg, St Maarten and St Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We like hiking, snorkeling or some type of activity.  We don't do lying on the beach or shopping.  I looked up the top places to snorkel and, of the ports on our cruise, only Barbados and Antigua were listed.  I read that St Kitts wasn't great for snorkeling but then I saw great reviews for Thenford Grey's Multi-Beach Snorkel Tour.  So...of the islands we're going to, any ideas as to which would be the best to do a snorkel excursion and which would we be better off doing some other activity?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had good experiences snorkeling at St Kitts and St Thomas out of those Islands. Barbados we did a quick turtle snorkel "excursion" that was included in the admission price to The Boatyard beach club but didn't really enjoy it because there wer too many people around the area at the same time. We only got to see two turtles and just for a few fleeting minutes. We snorkeled at the beach just behind the Shipwreck bar and  grill in South Friar's bay and saw some interesting things. We have snorkeled at Coki and Sapphire beaches in St Thomas and always love both. This time around we even saw lobsters and a stingray at Sapphire!! For more colorful and plentiful fish, Coki is the better option. Sapphire is a more rounded habitat of marine plants and fish.

The only place we didn't snorkel on our own off the beach was Barbados since we took advantage of the "excursion" offered at the Boatyard as part of the admission price. At St. Kitts and St Thomas, it's always been ourselves and straight from the beach. We've also snorkeled in St. Lucia on a stop at Jalouise Beach as part of a tour by Spencer Ambrose which both the tour and the snorkeling at that beach were outstanding! I have yet to snorkel anywhere in St. Maarten.