CD and Capt on Reflection

shoppergirl10

We are boarding Reflection for the 3rd time for the Dec 21 Holiday Cruise.  Will Lewis Power Stannard still be the cruise director?   

please don't refer me to the "who's on Board" chart because no matter how many times I look at it, I can't figure out when the next changeovers happen 😀 

Lewis' name is highlighted in yellow on the chart, and I don't know what that means.  

Looks like Captain changeover date was Sept 30, does that mean Capt Kafetzis will still be on board?  

Thank you and Happy Sailing to all!

Karen 

Yes, Eddie Jenkins takes over in two weeks as cruise director. He is the best! How many months do cruise directors typically work for their contract? We have a Reflection cruise coming up in early February. I would be VERY happy to once again cruise with Eddie Jenkins!

I have not looked at the above mentioned chart but on the Reflection TA last week, Capt. Kafetzis mentioned that he was to be the captain of the Edge - which sails very soon? so he may be changing over in the near future?

I did not pay much attention to the cruise director but two of his staff, Brtitany and Nacho, were very high energy with the pool games, dancing and trivia!

3 hours ago, suec12 said:

I have not looked at the above mentioned chart but on the Reflection TA last week, Capt. Kafetzis mentioned that he was to be the captain of the Edge - which sails very soon? so he may be changing over in the near future?

I did not pay much attention to the cruise director but two of his staff, Brtitany and Nacho, were very high energy with the pool games, dancing and trivia!

thanks for the info about Capt, I'm sorry that he won't be on board when I am, he makes the daily announcements more fun to listen to, otherwise it is just boring nautical miles and knots info, zzzz.  😆

15 hours ago, Mapleleaf14 said:

Yes, Eddie Jenkins takes over in two weeks as cruise director. He is the best! How many months do cruise directors typically work for their contract? We have a Reflection cruise coming up in early February. I would be VERY happy to once again cruise with Eddie Jenkins!

oh good, I'm so happy to hear this about Eddy....I really appreciate a good CD, especially one with a great sense of humour, which sounds like is the case with him.  

I believe a previous CD told me his contract was 12 weeks, perhaps there is some variance in that depending on if another ships needs them, etc.  If I can figure out how to report back to you, I'll try to ask Eddy how long he's on board and let you know.  What date do you sail?   

Based on your user name, I'm think you are a fellow Canadian!  🇨🇦

We sail February 8th. Yes, I am a fellow Canadian. I was actually able to contact Eddie on Facebook. He said that he will be still working for our cruise. He is absolutely fabulous! We had him as CD for our last TA on the Eclipse. I am sure that you will enjoy his sense of humour. 

We sailed with Lewis on the Reflection on the last cruise in October before the trans - Atlantic. He told us he was leaving in early December to become the CD on the Edge . We asked because we will be back on the Reflection for the Mardi Gras Cruise March 1. Lewis said his contract on the Edge would last until May and he did not know where he would be headed after that.

Edited by Knolmom
Spelling