Carnival Glory vs. RCL Mariner of the Seas

tktktk

Appreciate any comments / opinions, etc. on how the Carnival Glory compares with the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. Considering a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral. We have 3 kids (ages 10-14) who will be coming with us.

Appreciate any comments / opinions, etc. on how the Carnival Glory compares with the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. Considering a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral. We have 3 kids (ages 10-14) who will be coming with us.

I'd go by price on this one. Is there a big difference?

My DH and I went on the Glory by our selves and the Mariner with our kids.

My kids missed the slide that Carnival has on their pools. My daughter did well in the kids club on RCCL, but I felt that it was more unorganized then Carnival. My kids liked the golf, rock climbing etc. We went on RCCL in Feb and had a great price, we went with a CC group. I liked both ships and would try both with our kids. I thought Carnival in the past had more "freebies" for kids, but RCCL had more time witht the kids. I thought the CArnival camp was closed more then it was open.

If would e-mail me I could be more specific

jbmcilrath@comcast.net

My kids loved the slide also. :D They liked it more than the rock climbing, ice skating and roller blading on the Mariner. Nor did they care for either kids programs, but they were older than your kids.

Having said the above, we loved the promenade on the Mariner and liked the ship better overall. However, I think we are going to have to go with Carnival for our next cruise because the price is much better. We had a wonderful time on our last Carnival cruise. The food, entertainment and staff were equally as good as on the Mariner.

Archived