Cruising from Cape Liberty Cruise Port Aug 2019

edgwaremike

Our first time cruising from the New York area and I am confused by numerous aspects. (RCI Anthem)

We fly into Newark on Saturday evening and have booked a Manhattan Hotel (The Jewel) for  few days to view the sites.

• Plan to book a shared shuttle (8pm) so hopefully it will not be too long.
  • How to get to the port on cruise day, is it best to get a car to pick us up, if so who and should I book it this early.
  • On our return, we dock on a Saturday morning but do not fly back to the UK till late Sunday, where should we stay, somewhere relatively safe with things to see and reasonable places to eat.Should I just go back to the Jewel or try a different area/hotel.
  • How best to get to that hotel.
  • Not knowing what time we will get off the ship, what time should I ask the car to collect us.

Appreciate any advice you experienced cruisers can offer us.

I think you should be asking this on the East Coast Departures forum here, under North American Homeports.  Yes, you should book a car service for the transfer unless you are traveling light and would not mind taking a commuter train to Newark and taxi from there.  Your transfer is complicated by the fact that you are arriving in New York but sailing from New Jersey.  Where your post-cruise hotel is depends on what airport you are flying from.  EM