cigarette prices

cruisng4fun

Just off the Glory.  They were running a special - buy 3, get 4th free.  Total for 4 cartons was $117. and some change.  Not sure an individual carton price.  Hope this helps. This was the Nov 10th sailing, ending Nov 17th 2018

Edited by Banditswife

Be CAREFUL.   You are allowed 1 carton of cigarettes per person.  Underage dont count.  So by law you will need to pay duties on any extra.  Exception is buying in US territories you are allowed 2 per person.  I only bought 2 cartons on my last cruise and still got called in to customs.  I was good so they just let me go but others were having to pay duty on that 3rd and 4th.  

16 hours ago, Jordan's Mom said:

The sign in the port at St Thomas said limit of 5 cartons if we bought in St. Thomas.  Depending on the brand, they were as lower than the ship price.

wow thank you, I had heard 4 but i did look it up and you are right 

Tobacco Products: U.S. citizens age 21 or older are allowed up to 100 cigars (not of Cuban origin) and up to 5 cartons, or 1,000 cigarettes duty free, per person, if purchased in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Click here for more information from the U.S Customs and Border Protection website.

I read how people only pay a small amount by bringing back more then they are allowed.  Let me tell you I did not pay a small amount.  Granted it was a land vacation and maybe thats different.   I had 3 PACKS over the limit   packs  not cartons.  I had to pay 97.00    I asked if i could just throw them away and was told no I aready bought them across.    so be aware of what the allowance is.  

• Thanks 1