Roll Call Dec 2, 2006

patwell

Hi all....anyone out there planning this cruise? We have a very active Roll Call already underway on the Roll Call forum and would love to have you join us there. So far we are 12 with a nice mix of experienced cruisers, a repeat QM2er and several newcomers. Please stop by and enjoy the 10 1/2 months of anticipation we still have to go! There are lots of helpful tips being shared.

We are; imacruizer, cruzzer, icountitalljoy and me, patwell. Look forward to "meeting" you there.

Penny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone else joining us on this cruise? Look for our Roll Call on "Roll Calls-Other Cruiselines". Looks like we have a great group for this cruise.

You know, We do a lot of roll calls here. I wondered from the start why some cruiselines roll calls are delineated separately, (While we're under "other cruiselines" Aren't we good enough?) and also, why is it that some lines throw parties for the cruise4 critic groups on board- I've seen it mentioned a few times- It seems as though some cruise lines recognize cruise critics as someone that can enhance their reputation (or hurt if, if they are displeased) just like travel agents, or travel writers. But when I met the Commodore at the "Captain's Party reception," I mentioned his upcoming retirement. He replied "You're not from that "Cruise Crtics Group" are you? <G>

Karie,

Who most certainly is!

Karie, when I saw your post on the December 2 cruise, I was thrilled. I was hoping you were joining us on this cruise. I am the one from Tennessee who loves to read your posts!! Think about joining us on this cruise! We have a great group.

I have asked some of the same questions you are asking. Since Cunard only has two ships, there are not as many posts on this forum as there are on some of the lines that have many more ships. So the hosts on Cruise Critic have allowed Roll Calls to remain on the general Cunard forum or on the "Other Roll Calls" forum. On some of the forums, roll calls are moved from the general forum to the roll call forum.

I think the bottom line is that Cunard has fewer ships and fewer posts.

Since Debbie had so much trouble finding our Roll Call and I had so much trouble telling her how to find it, I was wondering if we should just move our Roll Call to the Cunard forum where it would be easier to find. Guess we will see what others in our group want to do.

As far as the parties go, I think Cruise Critic has some type agreement with RCCL and Celebrity and both those lines have sign ups on the Cruise Critic site for their parties. However, some of the other lines are catching on to what a great group we have and are hosting Cruise Critic parties, as well.

Again, Karie, keep posting!! Think about the Dec. 2 cruise.

Beth

Karie, when I saw your post on the December 2 cruise, I was thrilled. I was hoping you were joining us on this cruise. I am the one from Tennessee who loves to read your posts!! Think about joining us on this cruise! We have a great group.

Again, Karie, keep posting!! Think about the Dec. 2 cruise.

Beth

Beth, The problem with Dec 2 is we will just be getting back from Key West. We do an annual Parrothead convention (Jimmy Buffett fans) in Key West- It is usally the last week in October, 1st week in November. (Actually November this year- Something like 2-6, I have to look) Marc works for a very small business. They just hired their fourth employee. They used to have more, but hard times in the industry... Well, you know. So when you are 25% of your company, and kind of the one they can't do without, they have trouble when you aren't around. We kind of had to negotiate this January one. But I won't rule out anything, and if I can keep the finances in good shape, who knows? We might do both Labor day (which, after all, is only 1 or 2 extra days away from work, depending on what we have to do to drive to New York) and Dec 2~ I'd like to pull off a crossing at some point. I've never done one- Never been on the east side of the pond. So I would never rule anything out! Of course, work is always strange, and I don't trust anything these days. I got message (from the Union) while on our cruise that something was happening with my job, they were trying to hold the company off, not to worry, and to have a great time! <LOL> Well, they still haven't settled it, though amazingly, they changed my job title a couple of weeks ago without my knowledge, which actually resulted in a raise! (Dumb company, huh? That's the way to get rid of the highly paid employees you want to replace with cheaper ones! Give 'em a raise! Make 'em quit! <LOL>)

Karie,

Who doesn't understand some American businesses! Despite working for this one for 27 years~!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Neighbor Klaritch! We live in Murfreesboro. I love Franklin.

I'm a little confused about your being on the 12/5 cruise. Are you going with us on the 12/2/06 QM2 cruise? If so, look for our Roll Call on "Roll Calls-All Others Cruiselines". Or go to the post above your post and click on the link.

Happy Cruising.

Beth

Bump again....anyone for Dec 2nd Caribbean? Please come visit our Roll Call...Cheers, Penny

we will be there !!this is the first i saw the roll call for 12/2 as we booked on 6/30/2006 jim and ang from new jersey

Kewl. Newcomers to our little world. Actually, under the Roll Calls section of the board you will find the Dec 2 QM2 cruise under the "other" category. The Roll Calls are divided by major cruise lines but Cunard falls under the "other" category because it only has two ships.

Anyway, we have over 400 messages since before last Christmas and our small but very chatty group keeps growing. We're trying to convince a few others from the Cunard board to come along but food and mortgage payments seem to matter to them. LOL!

Welcome Jim and Ang!

David

Hi Jim and Ang...welcome to our merry little band!!! :) So glad you found us. We were starting to think we had the ship to ourselves. Do come over to the ROll Call and join in...the more the merrier. If you've done the QM2 before we'll pick your brains...if not we'll share what we've learned so far. Cheers, Penny

we will be there !!this is the first i saw the roll call for 12/2 as we booked on 6/30/2006 jim and ang from new jersey

OOPS!!! SORRY FOLKS BUT MY WIFE SAYS I HAVE THE WRONG DATE WE ARE SAILING ON 12/9 NOT 12/2 STAY YOUNG!!! NOW WHERE DID I LEAVE MY GLASSES!! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR CRUISE BON VOYAGE JIM AND ANG

Archived