Just returned Glory western carib 3/27

joediana

We just drove in from our first ever cruise, and just wanted to say thanks to this board and all the info you provided it made for a wonderful time. If there is anything I may be able to answer for someone doing this cruise or this ship just ask I will be happy to let you know all I can while it is frsh in my mind.

I will let you know a little of what we did

Key West 13 year old daughter and myself went parasailing what a blast!!! Sebago watersports a very good outfit made this trip memorable

Belize - Cave tubing originally booked with Coral Breeze but upon arrival thay shipped me over to another outfit because I was the only party they had for the day thier was 4 of us. I must say I didn't care much for this and thought it was a little underhanded but with that being said let me tell you about who they sent me to His name is Joel Torres he owns and operates his company under the name of LJ'S Tour @ Taxi I can't imagine anyone in the entire country of Beliz could have given us a better day Joel started us out with a thorough tour of Belize city pointing out landmarks a historical sites and giving us an in depth history of the country and it's culture.He narrated the entire drive to the park where the caves are located answered any questions we threw at him. Then once in the rain forest he pointed out the wildlife and the fauna and told us of its relevance. And once in the water and cave system(he takes you through 3)he made sure we were grouped together, on this day Joel was guiding 9 unlike the ship tours of 50+ and once we completed the tour he drove us to eat an authentic belize lunch(his treat)

and we were back in plenty of time to catch our tender back. ljtoursbelize.com

Cozumel was our 3rd port and thaks to alot of posts I read I was off to Paradise Beach all I can Say about this was I've died and gone to heaven so again thanks to you guys for the tips on this

Progresso last port I must say I didn't find alot to do here we shopped we took the $2 city bus tour didn't want to chance the drive into merida on my own. But this port will definatly give you a feel of old world Mexico not the sugar coated americanized versions you would get from cancun or cozumel

All in all for my 1st crusie I had a great time the Glory is a beautiful ship with 1st class people working on it. if there is any questions feel free to ask and thank you guys again

3/27 GLORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;03;27;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

COUNTDOWN TO 1ST CRUISE

Well there must have ben a "boatload" of people from Powell and Delaware County!

We were on the Glory as well.

Thought the boat was great (8). The food was well above average (9).

The activities on board (7). Camp Carnival very good (9). Activies and ports (9).

Try the resort excursion in Progresso--get off the ship, and find the peope selling the trip. You go to the Reef resort and small Mayan Ruin. Open bar, great pools, kayaking on beach--hammocks and shade--$25.00 for adults, and $15.00 for kids. We had a great day here, and the bus takes you right back to the ship.

Oh, and if you book the snorkeling in Belize (Goff's Caye) the snorkeling was good, but the little island--WOW! They asked if there was a group that wanted to go directly to the beach and snorkel from there--should have done that-lobsters on the grill, hair braiding, on a piece of paradise! Gorgeous!

Now about the cabin we had--argh! Very little air conditioning-slept on the deck one night because it was so stuffy! Later noticed flashes of light coming from thermostat. (A short, I am guessing.) Called pursors desk numerous times. They were as polite and appologetic as can be, but the problem was fixed for only one day.

The slap in the face compensation? 10% off a future Carnival Cruise.

Another annoyance was the abundance of noise-- music from speakers was non-stop. You could walk out on the Lido at 3 am and still hear something blarring on the speakers. I love music, but YIKES!

There were packs of drunken 30 something's. Things usualy weren't out of hand unless you met them after being at a bar on land. While embarking in Cozumel, one of these druken sailors decided to push her friend's boyfriend into our elevator, hurting my 5 yr. old. Classy, eh?

All in all a good time. Just really disturbed by the benign pursor's desk, and the time it took to get nothing done.

Anyone dealt with an "issue" with Carnival before?

Any advice welcomed.

Punknhead

Powell, Oh.

Disney 2001

Vision of the Seas 2002

Zuiderdam 2003

Glory 2004

Almost forgot to mention Howey from the Backstreet Boys was at the table next to ours

every night early seating golden room not hard to guess where my 13 year old daughter could be found at 6 :15

You guys were docked next to me (eLation) in Cozumel. I party but you had the drunkest group of people I have ever seem come back from port. I saw guys holding there Mothers up. It was a wild seen. One couple almost missed the boat. The boat had actually closed all doors and they come running out of the shops the guys 30 yards ahead of his wife screaming at her to pick it up. They made it with Coast guard help.

Thanks for your review.do you have ay pictures of the ship?? Also like asked above do you or anyone else know reading this thread who the CD will be for end May and on?? Would Love to know who it is going to be!!!! Glad you enjoyed your first cruise and had great excursions as well!!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now about the cabin we had--argh! Very little air conditioning-slept on the deck one night because it was so stuffy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which cabin number/deck were you on?

Glory 5-22

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Went on the Glory at the beginning of the month. Also had crazy spring breakers on our ship. This was the only big negative for me. Otherwise, we had a great time. I figured that the drunks helped subsidize us by making Carnival a huge profit, allowing them to give us better room rates and lots of yummy free food! I added a review to the member reviews on this web site. I am sorry your cabin sucked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by northwind:

what information can you provide on the paradise beach in couzmel??? how did you book or get there and where is it???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It isn't an excursion that you need to book. All you need to do is tell a taxi driver to take you there. There is no admission charge, and there is lots of info about Paradise Beach over on the Cozumel board. I've seen some pictures of it; it looks really nice.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Sweetjem, we'll be getting off the day you're getting on, so I don't think I'll be much help to you. Hopefully, we'll hear from some others soon.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Cyt, there are some photos of the Glory on my webshots below.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived