Excursion turtle swim & cave

Dee238

I've read that Barbados is great for turtle swim and cave trip. One of my bucket list things to do, re; turtle swim

Any advice on booking this with a local guide independently, in advance or when you arrive

Welcome to the boards! :classic_biggrin:

Not sure about the caves, but there are several options for swimming with the turtles.  Several catamaran sailing trips (1/2 or full day) include a stop to swim with the turtles - Silver Moon, etc..  Also some of the popular beach clubs either include this with admission (Boatyard) or offer it as an add on.  Check Pirates Cove, Harbor Lights, Lobster Alive, etc.

Read down this board as well as trip advisor reviews.  Have a great cruise! :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did this 3 weeks back at Carlisle bay. We were on an island tour and asked the driver to drop us off here (Taxi to Carlisle bay from the port is $5). Walked in and they offered $10 snorkel and turtle swim or $15 with a beach chair and umbrella). A short boat ride and a snorkel later, we were at the turtle spot. That day there were just 2 turtles and we snorkeled around them and one of them swam away. I have done Snorkeling tours where we can spot Turtles. The turtles will just speed off. These turtles are very friendly (similar to the sting rays in Cayman). They come up and the guides feed them, but ask the tourists not to touch them. According to our guide, there are more turtles earlier in the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1