Whale Watching in Grand Turk

DanaK757

We will be visiting Grand Turk in Feb 2019 and I have seen a lot of private excursions for Whale Watching from Jan-Apr in Grand Turk- this seems to be the time when the whales are in the area. I wanted to get some feedback from anyone that has done a whale watching excursion in Grand Turk. I see there are several companies that offer this excursion, but was interested in getting more opinions/reviews from anyone who has done this recently or in the past. Thank you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be there the same time and haven't noticed that Princess is offering whale watching so feeling kinda iffy about it.  I have read in several locations that a good land spot to watch for whales is from the light house area.  I suspect, like any other whale tour, that it is hit or miss.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, mamkmm2 said:

Gonna be there the same time and haven't noticed that Princess is offering whale watching so feeling kinda iffy about it.  I have read in several locations that a good land spot to watch for whales is from the light house area.  I suspect, like any other whale tour, that it is hit or miss.

I will cruising with Carnival and they aren’t offering an excursion for this either. I have been looking at private tour companies that offer whale watching, but I have only read reviews online- wanted to see if someone has actually used one of these companies before. I didn’t read anything about seeing whales from the lighthouse, I’ll have to research this as well. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, Cruisegirl70 said:

Might want to check...  my Carnival cruise on Breeze in March just showed a whale watch tour for $124.99 was just added which is cheaper than others I have seen but does not have any reviews. 

I was able to book a whale watching excursion with Carnival for a great price! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, DanaK757 said:

I was able to book a whale watching excursion with Carnival for a great price! 🙂

DanaK757 -- how was your tour?
I'll be in GT late January and am considering it.
What was the boat's passenger capacity?

Did you see whales and/or other marine life (dolphins, turtles, etc.)?

TIA!

4 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

DanaK757 -- how was your tour?
I'll be in GT late January and am considering it.
What was the boat's passenger capacity?

Did you see whales and/or other marine life (dolphins, turtles, etc.)?

TIA!

The tour was great! We met them right off the ship and just had to take a 5 min walk along the beach to get to the boat. The boat we were on could hold 60-80 people but there was maybe only 12 of us total! We were able to easily move around as needed. The tour guide was great and very informative. We did get to see whales! We saw a large female with her baby! We also saw a male. They all came right up to the boat so we got great pics. Didn’t see any other marine life. We did get hit with some rain for about 30 minutes, but it didn’t ruin the tour at all! 

492AE075-8C38-401D-B95F-D078174C072D.jpeg

86550CC0-3A2F-43F7-92D8-440BC77E5FDF.jpeg

E5D53924-61C4-4C66-97A0-639E7F3372E1.jpeg

6CF0DC4B-5536-402C-B80F-8923E6EFB1A8.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanaK757 said:

The tour was great! We met them right off the ship and just had to take a 5 min walk along the beach to get to the boat. The boat we were on could hold 60-80 people but there was maybe only 12 of us total! We were able to easily move around as needed. The tour guide was great and very informative. We did get to see whales! We saw a large female with her baby! We also saw a male. They all came right up to the boat so we got great pics. Didn’t see any other marine life. We did get hit with some rain for about 30 minutes, but it didn’t ruin the tour at all! 

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Hearing this, I'm a lot more likely to do this tour.  Really appreciate the photos too!  Not sure how much in to February you sailed, but if I leave out expectations of seeing a baby, I think I'd enjoy this 👍