Cayman Beach club with the dive shop - which one

sdel65

Hello

I am looking for combination of the good beach club and dive shop on the property

There are many diving operators on this island an I used different one few times before for my daughter

They are all great. The only problem is when my daughter is going to scuba I am trying to find a spot where I can just relax

Ideally if there is a beach club with facilities , chairs, bar, food - that would be great

Before I was just left near by with none or small beach which was so rocky I never was able to swim

This time I just want to relax as well , swim and enjoy while my daughter is doing Scuba

Any suggestions for this scenario? basically nice beach club with change facilities , chairs, food AND the dive shop ( 5 stars) on the property

I appreciate all the responses!

Thank you in advance!

I am assuming that because you reference a dive operator, she is looking for a boat dive.

As bookbabe says, there is nothing like that on the west side of the island.  I think that the challenge with Rum Point is going to find a dive op that is willing to work with your schedule - once you have tendered off the boat, picked up your rental car and driven the 45 minute around the island you would be too late for the morning boats, and too early for the afternoon ones.

Then you have the reverse challenge - of getting back to the cruise port, dropping off your car and getting to the tenders in time.

I see you have posted the same question over on TripAdvisor and gotten similar answers....

Sunset House …….

even tho the bar does not open til 1130 IME if DD rents gear from the dive shop they will allow you to hang at the pool and or bar area …… and there are big coolers of ice water and cups scattered around the bar area ….

I was just there last week ….. we walked down from a cruise … sat and enjoyed the scene from the bar deck until they opened then had some conch fritters and drinks.

No beach but easy to get wet at the pool or use one of the dive ladders to get in the ocean …..

Edited by Capt_BJ

IME the answer to this request is dependant on the occupancy of the hotel/resort ... AND who you ask!

and at times the 'better to ask forgiveness than permission' rule may apply!

note that when the dive shop is using the pool for a class they will be more restrictive.

but yes, when they are full they can be restrictive ... they do NOT sell day passes.  But snorkeling from their place is no charge and My Bar has no admission fee.

AND I've found them to be much more generous if you say 'my family is out diving with your divemaster and gear'

Edited by Capt_BJ