1-23 in Amber Cove Eat, Drink & be Merry tour

kirbi

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 11:40 AM, kirbi said:

We just booked this excursion because it looked like a lot of fun  and a great way to see Amber Cove. https://www.iguanamama.com/eat-drink-be-merry-puerto-plata-city-tour.html  anyone want to join us?  Dave and Cheryl, (Montana) and Steve and Shirley ( Minnesota)

How was this excursion?  We will be there the end of March and sounds like fun.  Was it worth the money?  or should we just head to the beach ?

1 hour ago, maryhou said:

How was this excursion?  We will be there the end of March and sounds like fun.  Was it worth the money?  or should we just head to the beach ?

We had to cut the tour by 2 hrs because our ship had to turn around for a medical emergency, but if we wouldn't have been rushed it would have been more relaxing.  It is quite a hike to the shuttle from the ship at least 15 to 20 minutes but once we found the shuttle and got on we were immediately given a rum punch.  The tour was informative, the guides were friendly and funny.  We were able to go to the top of the mountain on a cable car which was spectacular as long as it is not foggy you will have a great view.  The rum factory was just OK but you did get to sample a lot of the rum. The cigar factory was interesting and showed you how they make cigars.  It was a good way to see Amber Cove with a flair of the culture.  So yes I would say it was worth it for us and we are glad we did it.  Our shuttle did consume 3 bottles of rum and never got thirsty,  Bottled water was also available if you don't like the rum. 

Thanks Kirbi for sharing your experience with us!  

Carbri - when you return from your cruise, could you please provide your thoughts too?  I'm thinking about taking this excursion in Dec while my family is cruising on Carnival Breeze.  I think DH and I will enjoy it (anything involving rum or tequila sounds great to us), but wondering if mother in law, dad and his girlfriend will like it too.

THANK YOU!